Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"But why?" I said. The librarian, Ms. Brooks, replied with a very strict expression, "This book was due 4 months ago. You just returned it today, Gale."

"This book has 1749 action-packed pages that I just finished!"

"Would it have killed you to renew your borrowed book?"

"Renew?! I can do that?"

"It doesn't matter now, you're already banned from the library."

"What?!!?This is unfair! You can't do that! This is the only library within walking dista~"

"Security!" she yelled, cutting me off. A few seconds after, two burly security guards came. One took me by the arms, and the other took me by the legs. I squirmed and screamed to the one gripping my legs, "Hey! Would it kill you to loosen the grip! Those jeans are vintage, you know!"

"I don't care; we're almost there, anyway," he yelled back. After that, I felt my body being swayed. Moments later, I was thrown into a bush. I cursed at both guards, and then I went to the closest bus stop, which was fifteen minutes away. When I got on the bus, the driver gave me a questioning look and opened his mouth. Thinking he was about to ask about what happened to me, I cut him off by saying, "Don't ask." On my way to find a seat, I heard him chuckle.

I was now in my seat. The smell of puke filled the air, the seats were incredibly uncomfortable, and the bus driver looked like he just escaped jail, with an untrimmed beard and bloodshot eyes. There was also this guy at the other side of the aisle who kept looking at me like I just came out from a trash can. To make matters worse, a little boy behind me kept tugging on my hair.

When I got home my dad and my brother, Alex, had very wide, toothy grins that made them look like Grinches. A very creepy moment of silence swooped over us. Finally, I had enough and decided to break the silence. I said, "Why are you looking at me like that? It gave me the shivers." They both looked at each other, still having their demonic smiles, and said in unison, "We're moving to Australia!" Wanting to continue the excitement, I squealed back, "Where? Sydney? Canberra? Perth? Adelaide?"

"Melbourne!" they responded in glee. I let out a loud shrill, and went to hug both of them. We gave each other hi-fives, linked our hands, and started dancing like hobos who finally got homes. In the middle of joy dancing, I saw my neighbor giving us a surprised-amused look through the kitchen window. When I stopped dancing, my family gave me a "Why?" expression. I motioned my head to the window. Alex, as quick-witted as ever, saw my point and rolled the window shade down as he waved goodbye to the neighbor. I gave Dad a questioning look and asked, "Why?" He replied, "I got promoted, and now I'm assigned to the Melbourne branch and I can bring my family!" I asked excitedly, "When do we go?" Dad said excitedly, "Wednesday!" Alex and I looked at each other and faced Dad again, complaining in annoyance, "What! 2 days to pack for a change in residence? Normal people prepare for weeks and all we have is 48 hours? !" He just nodded and said, "I suggest you start now." Alex went up to start packing, and Dad faced me. He started saying, "I mean, being a girl like you, it could take an eternity to get your books and clothes ready." he said in his fake serious tone. I exclaimed, "That's why you should give us more time!" He replied, "And you should give me more cupcakes!" Confused like a deer in the headlights, I replied to him, "But that makes no sense!"

"Exactly," he said while walking away.

I was now in my room, staring at my empty suitcases, thinking about which clothes to bring to Australia and which to donate to the less fortunate. I then said to myself, "If I am going to have only 2 days to empty this closet, I should start digging now-wait, why did I say digging~Oh," I finished when I opened my overflowing closet. Suddenly, my eyes caught the dress I wore for the prom. The single laced strap of the dress really brought out my golden brown eyes, and the color of the dress-vermilion-really stressed my brunette hair, but the feature that caught my eye was the short hemline, which made me look like I was 5'9", even if I was 5'6". I directly shrilled, "Bring!" On my way to grabbing the dress, I tripped on one of the suitcases, sending me flying to my bed. As if that didn't hurt enough, my big toe stubbed the headboard, making me scream in pain.

It sure will be a hectic trip.

--------------------------

It was finally the day to leave for Australia. I was filled with excitement! I got in the car, even before Dad turned on the engine. While Alex was putting our suitcases in the back, while Dad turned the car on.

Then, after 30 excruciating minutes, we finally arrived at the Pakalang International Airport.

As soon as we got of the car, I took a seat next to Alex; he was listening to music on his phone.

The captain announced that we have reached the desired flight altitude, then the movie "Scream 4" was playing. 20 minutes later, I fell asleep.

------------------------

I was in a deep sleep, until I was awakened by Alex. I woke up in an instant as I smelled my favorite class of food-GREEK FOOD.

While I was eating,me and Alex were watching "Star Wars" on his laptop. "Star Wars" was my favorite movie. I've always loved sci-fi movies, books, and anything that includes sci-fi. 2 and a half hours before we were supposed to land, I decided to take a nap.

---------------------

I felt sunlight on my eyelids. As soon as I opened them,we just landed in Melbourne!

THIS IS THE START OF MY NEW LIFE.......

Author's Note:

I LIKE PIZZA

VOTE IF YOU LIKE PIZZA!!!

Twitter:@NerisseRian

Instagram:RianL13

Kik:RianL13(Kik me i'm bored)

-Rian L.