Chapter 4: Communication Is Key

Beastboy was not going to let these dreams go on any longer. He was actually going to see if his dreams can come true. His feelings for Raven were too strong to avoid any longer. He comes to a place in mind where he would avoid her for the time being due to his fainting spells from extreme anxiety. Now that he has had these dreams about her, He chose to take the high road in the unknown abyss, knowing that if he doesn't get his dreams to become real, that he will be at a lost for a long time. Raven is the only one that he is fascinated about. Terra, to him, was a girl that he had an infatuation for, but not any deep belonging desire. To him, she was the girl who he wanted to be with at the time.

Her betrayal of the titans years ago made beast boy realize that he could have something that's loyal and authentic. She was pretty in the face, but not honest with herself when he reflected over the situation. He came to this conclusion when one day Raven sat with him and discussed his emotional well being after the betrayal had taken place.

Fast forward to the present. Beastboy, in his basketball shorts and black tank top, looked at the door after standing there, waiting for Raven to answer. He was completely terrified and worried that she would see him differently after this conversation happens in the wee hours of the morning. There was no going back now. This was a "now or never" moment that could define who he is and his life in general.

Raven answers the door witnessing a nervous Beastboy trying to tell her something. However, something comes over Raven and she invites him in her room, where she also has something to tell him. Beastboy, caught off gaurd, automatically enters her room. He catches the glimpse of her favorite anime and  Bruce Lee's quotes on her wall. He is also surprised to see her wear anything else besides her dark violet and black pajamas that she would normally wear.

She nudges Beastboy because she still wants to know why he is there. He struggles to get to the point due to all of his distractions and nervousness. Raven could feel the nervousness bouncing off of him like a kickball bouncing off the kicker's foot. It's also making Raven feel nervous from the inner conversation she had with Love. The conversation was starting to make her see that everything that Love said was coming true. She could feel her heart warming up and her urge to kiss this green man. However, she had to play it cool because she didn't want to make him uncomfortable. 

So she asked Beastboy to take a seat on the soft purple bed, wondering if that will calm his nerves. He agrees with a nod, plopping on the soft sheets. He then proceeds to form his mouth to tell her what's been going on. He gave her a honest and vulnerable look and said "Raven, I need to be honest with you." He dropped his shoulders and relaxed his body to release the truth that locked between his ear. "Raven, I have to be honest with you. I-I've been avoiding you for the longest now...Not because I don't like you or anything, or even hate you for that matter..I've been avoiding you because.." With the next set of words forming, he swallow his pride to be vulnerable in front of the woman he has dreamed about. "I've been avoiding you because..I..have..a crush..on..you." Raven's eyes become slightly bigger and her face begins to redden with blush, turning away from Beastboy to not show him. "Raven! Look I'm sorry for making you feel uncomfortable. I needed to tell you this or else it would kill me to not know how you feel. However, seeing your back toward me has told me everything that I needed to know. I'm sorry Rae. I'm going back to my room."

She could feel the defeat rolling off of his tongue and his mind. She also hear the sound of small sniffles as he was making his way to the door. At the last minute, Raven turned around and grabs him by his arm. He stops with a look of confusion as he wonders what came over her.