Chapter 2: Gaining trust

As you bring Vaylin back you can hear Lana and Theron Talking on the ship, as soon as she hears she turns and her yellow eyes narrow.

"What is she doing here?!" She scolds crossing her arms. Theron even draws his blaster as you walk over to the two of them.

"Listen, I managed to turn her. She won't hurt us anymore I just..I just need you two to trust me." You say calmly as Lana raises an eyebrow in question.

"And when exactly did this happen?" Theron asks as Senya and Arcann stayed a bit behind.

"It happened during me and Vaylin's fight, please lower your weapon Theron.." You tell him as he slightly lowers his blaster.

"The last time Vaylin was here if I'm not mistaken, she almost tried to kill us." Theron says still a bit on edge. Hearing that Senya stepped forward.

"That was once, but as you can see she clearly has changed. Just give her a chance..please Theron." She explains desperately.

"You trusted me when I turned didn't you? Why can't you give Vaylin a chance as you did me." Arcann adds as Lana thinks for a second.

"He..He makes a good point. We did give him a chance after all." She sighs. "Fine, just this once I will trust her. Take her to the med-bay and we will decide what to do with her when we wait. You nod at Arcann as he and Senya walks into the base. You look over at Lana as Theron soon walks in to the base as well and notice she's a bit concerned.

"Outlander..a word?" She asks as you walk over.

"What has you bothered Lana?" You respond as she crosses her arms.

"What else is there to be bothered about? You're trusting the former empress of the Eternal Fleet!" She scolds narrowing her eyes.

"Lana, she won't hurt us anymore..I know you're on edge about it and I understand you may need some time to adjust to it as well so I will give you that time." You soothe as she looks away slightly.

"I don't really care if she's on our side or not..I will give her a day. One day to prove herself and if she doesn't she's out. And if Senya goes with her so be it, but I am Not having a former empress on the alliances ship unless she proves herself worthy of being trusted." She growls low.

"Fine, one day. That's enough for me." You scowled at her as she stomped away in anger.

Why wouldn't she at least give me a chance to prove her wrong? What does she see that I cannot??

And as Vaylin was lied down in the medbay Of the resistance base, you began to wonder if everyone was going to be like Lana.

And if Anyone would give her a chance.