Club Twelve - Michaelangelo

Prompt: The reader sings at a mutant club. This is the turtle’s first time hearing of this, let’s see how this turns out?

Warnings: None, it might be lowkey trash, though.

Word Count: 5.8k

Side note: The reader is female in this one, but if this gets a good amount of notes, I’ll gladly post a male/gender neutral one. Also, please click the links before each one. They help you understand the way the songs are performed. (I love PostModern Jukebox so much, oh my goodness.)
Enjoy!

        ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥

Y/n swerved through the roaming bodies throughout the club. She carried a serving plate over her head to avoid dropping any dishes to the kitchen a few feet away. Once there, she pushed her head up to the window to speak with head chef,

“Hey, Marty, I’m gonna go! Monica is here to take my place!” She yelled referring to her coworker that just clocked in. Marty gave her a thumbs up and continued to cook the food on the stovetop. Y/n untied her apron and tossed it over her shoulder. She then ran  to her dressing room, and Immediately changed into her performance outfit.

Y/n worked as a waitress at the club on most nights. At the end of her shifts, she would perform a set on stage. For the past couple months, she would run back and forth from home, school, the turtle’s lair and work. Her life was all jumbled up and unorganized, singing was the only thing that felt systematic and organized.

After stripping of her work uniform, she slipped on a short, long sleeve, shimmery, black and gold striped dress that stopped just above her knees. She smiled as she looked in the full length mirror and adjusted her hair. Even with the almost disco ball looking dress, she felt as if her look wasn’t bright enough. She decided to go in her bag and pull out a small container of body glitter and dabbed an enormous amount under her eyes. She then put on lipgloss to finish the look.

Not even a minute later, a knock sounded at the door.

“Come in!” She called and the door opened to reveal, Butch, the stage manager.

“Y/n, what are you doin? You're on in 2 minutes!” he questioned rather loudly. Y/n’s eyes widened and quickly trailed behind Butch down the narrow hallway.

Once behind the curtain, she could hear the voice Charliee, the club owner, speaking into the microphone.

“And now, Miss Y/n!” He announced and walked off the stage. Looking down at her feet, she noticed that she forgot to put on shoes before leaving her dressing room.

“Oh well.” she shrugged and walked out on stage.

After adjusting the mic stand to her height, she nodded to band to the left of her. The vibrations of music shook the stage under her feet, bringing the tempo through her body and to her hands, she snapped on tempo.

“I was walking down the street when out the corner of my eye
I saw a pretty little thing approaching me
She said, "I never seen a man, who looks so all alone
And could you use a little company?
If you can pay the right price, your evening will be nice
But you can go and send me on my way"
I said, "You're such a sweet young thing, why you do this to yourself?"
She looked at me and this is what she said”  She sang lively while kicking her feet behind her and wiggling her fingers.

“Oh there ain't no rest for the wicked
Money don't grow on trees
I got bills to pay, I got mouths to feed
There ain't nothing in this world for free
Oh no, I can't slow down, I can't hold back
Though you know, I wish I could
Oh no there ain't no rest for the wicked
Until we close our eyes for good” She vocalized with her eyes closed. She then freed the mic from its stand and held on to its cord.

“Not even fifteen minutes later after walking down the street
When I saw the shadow of a man creep out out of sight
And then he swept up from behind, he put a gun up to my head
He made it clear he wasn't looking for a fight
He said, "Give me all you've got, I want your money not your life
But if you try to make a move I won't think twice"
I told him, "You can have my cash, but first you know I gotta ask
What made you want to live this kind of life?"
He said”  She walked to the end of the stage and snatched the hat off of someone's head. The mutant laughed and clapped, earning cheers and claps from the audience.

“Oh there ain't no rest for the wicked
Money don't grow on trees
I got bills to pay, I got mouths to feed
There ain't nothing in this world for free
Oh no, I can't slow down, I can't hold back
Though you know, I wish I could
Oh no there ain't no rest for the wicked
Until we close our eyes for good”  the voice of Y/n de crescendoed along with the most of the band. Letting the clarinet have room for its solo. Y/n snapped her fingers and swayed her body along with the still beating tempo.

“That’s my baby up there! Woo!” A familiar voice shouted from the crowd, making Y/n turn her head and scan the crowd. Almost immediately, she spotted the blue eyed turtle, a smile reached her face and she continued to sing. The rest of the band quieted down, with only the bass player strumming on the strings. Y/n continued to snap along tempo.

“Well now a couple hours past and I was sitting in my house
The day was winding down and coming to an end
And so I turned on the TV and flipped it over to the news
And what I saw I almost couldn't comprehend
I saw a preacher man in cuffs, he'd taken money from the church
He'd stuffed his bank account with righteous dollar bills
But even still I can't say much because I know we're all the same
Oh yes we all seek out to satisfy those thrills” she sang gradually getting louder, with the band joining back in with the same volume as before. She looked in the audience to see most of them dancing and laughing, Mikey included.

“Oh there ain't no rest for the wicked
Money don't grow on trees
We got bills to pay, we got mouths to feed
There ain't nothing in this world for free
Oh no we can't slow down, we can't hold back
Though you know we wish we could
Oh no there ain't no rest for the wicked
Until we close our eyes for good”  she sang the chorus once more.

“For good.” She finished with her hands in the air. The audience's applause was almost deafening afterwards, she bowed and blew a kiss to the crowd.

“Thank you, Goodnight!” She bidded as the exited the stage.

Once backstage, she ran to her dressing room to grab her things. She then ran to the main floor to meet Mikey. Her eyes searched the sea of people, her eyebrows furrowing as she didn't see the familiar face she was looking for.

“Hey, Baby cakes.” Mikey said as he snuck behind Y/n and grabbed her shoulders. Y/n jumped slightly and turned around with a grin. She jumped in his open arms and laughed. Mikey squeezed her and rubbed her back.

“So, when were you going to tell me that you were a superstar?” He asked as they walked back to the lair.

“Soon, I swear!” She replied giggling.