E-l-e-v-e-n: Heading away

Two days later....

Ryland's POV:
Today we leave and head off to the new base. Lily is still weak, so she is being transported in the van, according the Greg the operation was successful. I'm glad Lily was alright.

Shane: ready? we're about to leave. Everyone is at the tunnel.

I turned round to look at him and pecked his lips, saying:

Ryland: yeah, let's go.

We met the others at the tunnel and together we headed off to the new base. It was about a two hour journey, for Shane is was further away from home from where he used to live. We were sitting in the back of the van as Shane began to talk:

Shane: we should be able to get there by lunchtime or quite possibly early evening depending on the speed we travel at. Hopefully we won't come across any of the Cult members.

Ryland: lets hope so, don't feel like going into battle right now not after what happened three days ago.

Shane: it was quite traumatising, I know. Let's not think about it too much.

After about three hours, we arrived at the new base. I must say it was much bigger than the other base we were at. As soon as we were in everyone began to unpack. Shane and I decided we wanted to share a room as we were getting very close in our relationship, the captain said it was alright so me and Shane got to move in together.

As soon as we were nearly done packing, Shane began to fall. Beeping was coming from his body, he was finding it hard to breathe. I freaked out and realised his lungs needed to charge.

Ryland: oh my god, Shane! Hold on!

I rushed to the box holding his charging post, I quickly connected it to the socket and plugged the cable in his side, as soon as it was in, he took a deep breathe and relaxed in relief.

Shane: oh my god...thank you, thought I was going to die. Kinda felt like I was being poisoned again. But without the painful part.

Ryland: you gave me a fright, but I'm glad your ok. If you had died, I would never find love again.

Shane: aw really?

Ryland: yeah.

We both leaned in and kissed deeply. We pulled out after a minute, since Shane needed to breathe and so did I. I told him to rest as I finished unpacking. He had me scared there for a second I thought I was going to loose him.

Bang! Bang!

I hear screaming of people, gun shots. We're under attack.

Shane: what the fuck is happening?

Ryland: I don't know, I think the cult found us

Shane: How?

Ryland: I don't......

???: Freeze! Stay where you are!

Authors Note:
Oh I just love a good cliff hanger. Don't you? Don't worry, I'll update soon.