Closer

"Dahyun!!!!" Sana hugs Dahyun so tight like they didn't see each other for years. "Oh my gosh, are you okay?" she's cups her face, scanning it from left to right. "We're you hurt? Are you injured?" she bombarded her with lots of questions.

Youngjae slaps Sana's hand. "Can you pleased stop squishing her face?" he told Sana who is now squinting her eyes. "Excuse me, are you a relative?" he pushed Sana aside to clearly look at his twin sister.

"Youngjae, what ---"

Dahyun was not able to say what she is about to say because Youngjae suddenly hugged her tight... And it looks like he's... Crying?

"I WAS SO WORRIED!" Youngjae cries out. "I REALLY WANT TO RESCUE YOU BUT YOU KNOW THAT I'M THE MOST COWARD PERSON IN THE WORLD. I MIGHT PUT YOU IN DANGER. IF THAT HAPPENS, DAD WILL SURELY KILL ME!" he bawls out.

"I'm fine," Dahyun pats his back. "You don't have to worry anymore. Please stop crying."

"I am not crying," Youngjae denies, but he is loudly sniffing.

"You just drenched her shirt with your... Eww, is that a booger?!" Sana said in disgust.

Youngjae wiped his nose. "Those are tears, you brat!" he yelled at Sana.

"Okay enough. Stop fighting," Dahyun said, making sure that her voice is not that loud.

Just then, their teachers finally came. "Go clean up yourself, Dahyun," Mr. Lee told her. "Dinner will be served soon."

"Let's go, girls," Ms. Kim ushered Dahyun and Sana to get inside.

"Youngjae, go help the others to prepare our foods," Mr. Jang told Youngjae. "I'll go check on Yugyeom."

Youngjae nodded his head and obeyed the teacher's order.

---

"This will sting a bit," Ms. Kim said, dabbing some cream on Dahyun's wounds.

Dahyun bites her lip to from the stinging pain. Sana volunteers to blower dry her hair.

"Can you please tell us what really happened, Dahyun?" Ms. Kim asked, sounding worried and serious. "Here," she handed her a notebook and pen. "I need you to be honest. Did someone left you there? Who is it?"

Sana gave Dahyun a worried glance.

"We're you being bullied?" Ms. Kim asked. When she saw hesitation written on Dahyun's face, she grabbed both her hands and gently squeezed them. "I want to help you. But, you should help me too. I want to know who did that to you."

Dahyun thinks for a while. Then after a few minutes, she started writing on the notebook Ms. Kim gave her.

"I don't want to get everyone's attention. Will it be okay if you will not tell anyone?" she wrote down.

Ms. Kim nodded. "We're gonna solve this in a quiet matter," she said wih a reassuring smile.

Before Dahyun wrote down the name of that person, she remembered something... Or someone perhaps.

"Please make sure that Kim Yugyeom will not know too." She wrote down.

Ms. Kim and Sana gave her a curious look.

"Okay, if that's what you want," Ms. Kim promised.

Dahyun stares at Sana, waiting for her response.

Sana hesitantly said, "Fine, I promise."

Dahyun finally wrote the name of the culprit.

Ms. Kim sighed in frustration as she read the name.

And Sana can't help but say, "I knew it!" in pure anger.

---

It's finally dinner time.

Everyone gather up at the backyard with a bonfire at the center.

Sana and Dahyun sat on one of the tables. Youngjae said that he will soon join them, he just needs to talk to someone first.

The teachers did a few speeches then, everyone began eating their foods.

"Eunwoo is not here too," Sana said, scanning the place.

Speaking of the said guy, Dahyun hasn't seen him since she got rescued from the forest. She wonders where he could have been.

"Yugyeom! Sit here!" Eunbi yelled out, making Dahyun look at her place and the vacant seat beside her.

Sana can't help make an annoyed expression. "Her voice makes me cringe!" she said. "So annoying," she added.

Dahyun didn't say anything and just started eating, until she felt someone sit next to her.

She glanced on her side. Her eyes widened when she saw the person sitting next to her.

It's no other than him.

Kim Yugyeom.

She glanced at Eunbi and saw her shooting glares at her direction.

Sana can't help but smirk in happiness.

"What are you doing here?" Dahyun whispered.

"I want to sit here," Yugyeom simply replied. "And eat with you," he added, staring at Dahyun.

"Excuse me. I'mma get some drinks," Sana excused herself so the two will have an alone time. She can't hide the playful smile on her face.

"But Eunbi..." Dahyun whispered.

"I don't want to sit there," Yugyeom replied. "As I said, I want to eat with you."

"Yugyeom," she tries to lower down her voice even more.

He snatched a piece of meat from her plate. "How come yours tastes better than mine," he said, ignoring her whines.

Dahyun shakes her head. "It's because you didn't pour a sauce on it." She poured some on Yugyeom's meat and stir it firmly. "There you go, try it."

Yugyeom has been staring at her and he can't help but admire her even more. One moment she badly wants me to sit with Eunbi, but now she's looking after me. This girl is so weird. She's making me go crazy.

"Feed me," Yugyeom said, making Dahyun choked on her food.

"What?" she asked, coughing a bit.

He leaned down his face closer to hers. "I said... Feed me," he said, his breath tickles the side of Dahyun's cheek.

"No!" Dahyun hissed back. When she turns her head, her face flustered. Because her face is only a few inches apart from Yugyeom's, her nose brushed a bit from his. If one of them leans even more, God knows what might happen to their lips.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Eunbi yelled in frustration. She approached Dahyun and Yugyeom's table with heavy steps. "OF ALL THE GIRLS WHO HAVE THE GUTS TO FLIRT WITH MY FIANCÉ, I NEVER THOUGHT THAT IT WILL BE THIS MUTE!" she angrily points at Dahyun. "YOU'RE SUCH A BITCH. NO WONDER WHY YOU CAN'T SPEAK."

"ENOUGH!" Yugyeom stands up, his face fuming in anger. "If you don't shut your mouth, you will regret it."

"Why are you defending her?! I AM YOUR FIANCÉ! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ALL LOVEY DOVEY WITH THIS MUTE!"

That's it.

"I never said I love you, Eunbi. I don't have any feelings for you. I never agree with the marriage. I will not marry you," Yugyeom said, anger evident on his voice. He gently pulled Dahyun up then said to Eunbi for the last time, "She may be Mute, but at least she doesn't have a filthy mouth like yours." Then he walks away, pulling Dahyun along.