Chapter 3: The News

Noon turned into afternoon and afternoon turned into night. I have to admit that I slept a few times backstage because, you should agree, 13 hours of helping out in your dad's restaurant could really drain your energy.
The restaurant itself had emptied itself since it was already past 9 o'clock, and there was nobody else in the pizzeria except for me, my family, Fredbear, and Spring Bonnie.

Me, yawning, walked over to Vincent in a drowsy fashion. "Are we going home now?" I asked him, covering my mouth as I yawned.

"Of course we are, sweetheart," he replied. "Everyone else is home."

Fredbear, Spring Bonnie, Samantha, Michael, and Elizabeth walked into the hall, smiling brightly. "You guys about to go home?" Spring said to us cheerfully, brushing her golden tuft of fur on her head.

"Yes, we are," Vincent replied, hands in his jeans pockets. "Fredbear, Springy, your pizzas are in the fridge. Help yourself—you deserve them."

The two nodded, smiling still. "Thanks, Vince," Fredbear thanked, and Vincent gave the two a small nod. I noticed the TV was still on, viewing the news channel, filling the semi-silence with the voice of a woman. But the woman, who was telling the news, caught my attention when I heard the word '...had disappeared last night...'

I immediately turned to the TV, which was hanging on a pillar in the hall, and the others followed my gaze as well.

The woman was wearing a solemn look, while continuing to speak the news gravely. "...without a trace. It was reported that she went after one of her cats which ran outside her house and into the wooded park at around eleven. The police have investigated the park and reported that no footsteps were found..."

...

No... no...

Voices rang in his head. Warning voices. Echoes of menacing laughter...

Leave me alone!

"You can't escape from us again, Half-Blood. We sense your fear... There is no running away from us again..."

...

"Fredbear? Are you okay?"

Fredbear had fallen onto his knees and groaned and growled in anguish, clutching his head as if he was in absolute pain. "Fredbear!" I cried. I started to panic—wouldn't you start panicking when someone looked as if they had a terrible headache until they fell to the ground?

"Leave me alone!" Fredbear roared, still bent over on the floor and clutching his head. I flinched, tears starting to form in my eyes as I watched him roar and groan and roll on the floor in pain. Vincent hurriedly scooped me up in his arms, clearly terrified at the golden bear's state.

Spring Bonnie seemed to be almost as panicked as I was, but she also looked like she knew what she was about to do. She quickly knelt on her rabbit legs next to Fredbear, held his furry cheeks with her two paws, and said with a slightly trembling voice: "Look at me."

Fredbear slowly looked up into Spring's terrified and worried green eyes.

"Springy?" he whispered.

"Help me..."

After Spring hurriedly brought Fredbear backstage, we turned off the TV and quietly tidied up the rest of the furniture in the pizzeria. I had completely no idea on what had happened earlier, and it looked like my family hadn't either.