Chapter 1: Meet the Aftons

Hello, dear Reader. Welcome to a world where monsters lurk in the darkness.

My world.

I myself didn't realize at that time how dark and terrifying my world was, and how... interestingly strange.

Soon you'll understand why this world was so strange, so peculiar, and rather wild. You've heard of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, correct? Well, people tell you rumors that all the six performers of the pizzeria were animatronic robots. Right?

Then they're WRONG.

It's just nonsense. The animal performers of Freddy's and Fredbear's were ACTUALLY animals; who can talk, sing, live and breathe just like we do.

See how unexpected our world is? Don't worry, I'll tell you more about it later.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Christopher Samuel Afton, Chris for short, second son and youngest child of Vincent Dave Afton and Samantha Rennings. I had two elder siblings; my oldest brother, seventeen year-old Michael Terrance Afton, and my sister, who was almost like a twin to me, fifteen year-old Elizabeth Samantha Afton.

I was only eleven years old at that time, at 1983, yet people said that I already acted like a mature kid. My birthday was on the eleventh of July, but that's not important right now.

Let me tell you my story.

One silent dawn, when the sun had barely peeked behind the hills near my quiet home, I laid awake on my soft quilt blanket atop my bed, my left arm and leg lazily swinging off the bed. Only one of my eyes were open, as I waited for the sun to rise, my room still dark. The only source of light was my digital alarm clock, which numbers glowed red in the semi-darkness, and the only sounds that could be heard was the sound of the digital clock ticking and my breathing.

Yeah, telling you about me laying on my bed sure is important.

My open eye shifted its gaze from the ceiling to the something sitting beside me. My favorite plush bear toy was on my bed, watching me with his blank plastic eyes. His name was Fredbear—a bear from Fredbear's Family Diner, whose companion was Spring Bonnie the Rabbit. This particular Fredbear plush toy of mine had a coloring mistake, for he had black eyes and white dots for pupils, but I don't mind because that just makes him special. His top hat and bow tie were deep purple, and his fur was golden yellow with lighter accents, and they always had been because I took such good care of him ever since I got him two years ago.

My other plushies of the others were inside my closet. All of them. Freddy, Chica, Bonnie, Foxy, and Spring Bonnie. I loved them dearly, but not as much as I love Fredbear.

I let out a small sigh and opened my shut eye. I then rolled around to face Fredbear, who was still sitting silently, that stitched smile and blank black eyes giving me the actual strength to defeat my laziness and actually get up.

"Fine," I grumbled at Fredbear with that croaky voice when one just woke up and hadn't had water yet. "You want me to get up?" I asked, but Fredbear continued to smile blankly at me. "Well, why not..."

I yawned as I stretched on my bed, before crawling off to slip in a new pair of gray and black striped socks. Then, after I stood up, rubbing my eyes, I walked over to grab a glass of water that I had kept on my nightstand from the night before, my sock-covered feet making no sound at all as they walked on the dark-blue-colored rugged floor. I silently drank, then I picked up Fredbear with my hand as I held the empty glass on the other.

I turned around to my other plush friends in the closet as I held the cold bronze-colored doorknob on my white door. "I'll be back," I said, smiling, and I walked outside my room to a corridor leading to the living room, shutting the door behind me.