King Koran

"My King you have returned!" the second in command came running up to me with one of the advisors by his side.

I nodded my head in acknowledgment.

The advisor spoke next "It is so good to see you your majesty. Is there anything you need?"

"Yes. I need a messenger fire bird with pen and paper. I need to write to the King and Queen of the Razors." I told him.

"We heard of your victories your majesty oh talons..." the advisor had trailed off, paling considerably.

I looked to see Gnash walking beside Ayane with Leona in front of her. Gnash looked ferocious in the flickering light of the fire casting dark shadows and Ayane even more so. There was a glint in her eyes that promised trouble. Leona looked like a mouse next to the two. So fragile and delicate.

"My King who are they?" my second in command asked. He was staring at Ayane with a guarded look in his eyes.

"They are my guests... Advisor Aldrin please prepare accommodations for them." I ordered.

"And the beast your majesty?" Aldrin had regained his composure with a lot of effort.

"Ayane do you prefer that Gnash stay with you?" I spoke to her directly.

Her brown eyes deepened in thought and I waited patiently.

"Yes please but don't worry if you can't. I will stay with him instead." Ayane answered running a hand through Gnash's fur.

"Alright." I was not going to let her sleep outside with Gnash.

"Accompany me to my tent in the meantime. I believe you have something to write of your own as well" I arched an eyebrow at her.

Suspicion flashed in her eyes but she nodded in agreement.

"Ayane please I'll listen I'll stay just let go of me." Leona pleaded.

I watched her, taking in every detail of her. This was the woman I had asked to marry to seal the alliance. I did it out of obligation to my kingdom as well as the fact I was a relatively new King.

Leona was beautiful even with her black hair in disarray and mud streaking her features. Her eyes were the most striking with a clear green. Figure wise she was not lacking but what she did lack was thoughts, at least for first impressions. Her skin was a soft golden brown colour. The famous beauty of the eldest daughter of the Razor Fangs was justified. She really looked like an angel.

Nothing compared to her though.

I glanced at Ayane who had released Leona with a stern warning. Her copper brown hair was still in a braid but strands had loosened, framing her dark brown eyes. Ayane was beautiful and I loved her personality. I found myself wishing that she and I could be good friends perhaps even more. She looked at me with a look of annoyance but it wasn't directed to me.

"Come on" I said walking again to where my tent was.

As I walked past many of the soldiers saluted me or bowed. I also caught may staring at Gnash and Ayane who walked beside him. Ayane didn't pay attention to them just kept walking. Leona seemed puzzled and her face was admittedly cute when she did that. Ayane rolled her eyes at Leona who didn't notice and I cracked a small smile.

Was she even allowed to do that?

We arrived at my tent and the fire bird I had requested was in a cage with Golan holding it. The captain of my army and guard. My second in command, Callum was conversing with him. The look on his face was serious and worried.