Epilogue

~Koran~

Davin's coronation was a huge celebration. It lasted late into the night and there was lots of dancing. Ayane and I danced together for most of the night. When Soren came up and asked to dance with her I said no, not letting Ayane speak and moved her away from him. Despite my best efforts in keeping her away from him, I saw them talking to each other during a period of the celebration. Ayane later explained that he was apologizing and trying not to leave any bad blood between them. I didn't like Soren but I tried not to worry about it after all, I was the one married to Ayane. Maybe it was jealousy in the mix too but I don't think I'll admit it just yet.

The wedding in the Razor kingdom was simple, decorated in blues and whites. The ceremonial robes were very traditional, dark blue and silver with diamonds encrusted in them. Ayane's face was covered for most of the ceremony until I lifted the veil and kissed the bride. Now here I was standing at the altar again, getting married again but this time I was standing in my throne room in the Veneno lands. My brother, Goran was my best man, standing just off to the side of me.

Before the wedding, Goran and my mother met Ayane. Ayane was very quiet around them at first but my mother soon made her feel comfortable enough to start speaking. It was nice watching them get along and my mother seemed more like herself. She was actually the one officiating our wedding, though normally the father was supposed to do it.

The trumpets blared and my eyes snapped to the entrance door as Ayane walked through wearing our ceremonial clothes. Red with no sleeves at all with purple swirls of colour. The robe itself had flowers woven into it and Ayane's hair was also decorated with those flowers and purple ribbons. No veil covered her face this time and she looked amazing with the make up making her features pop. I was breathless, stunned by her beauty. Ayane stood beside me, and my mother began to speak the rites of marriage. She made it short knowing that we were already married and this was for show.

"Now you may exchange chains," My mother said signaling the tie of the knot. In my culture we did chains around the neck, in Ayane's we had exchanged bracelets though ring was also an option.

I picked up the chain that my brother himself had designed with a red oleander flower with a small purple barb in the middle as the center, then braided gold with red silk. I attached it to Ayane's neck, who smiled briefly at me.

She turned and took her chain from my mother who was holding it for her and I noticed a difference. The chains were custom made by my brother and were supposed to be identical but around the petals of the flower were spikes made from diamonds. Ayane smiled proudly at me before fastening it around my neck.

"I hope you don't mind," she whispered quickly before withdrawing.

I shook my head no gently, I don't mind at all.

"You may now kiss the bride." My mother proclaimed clapping her hands.

Ayane and I kissed sweetly for a moment before separating and bowing to the crowd. Goran clapped me on the back congratulating me.

This was going to be my life now, sharing it with Ayane having a queen by my side. Together we ran out into the courtyard and dragons roared greeting us, all lined up in military stance. Gnash came running to meet Ayane who hugged him affectionately. Yes Gnash was here too, and for a long time he was going to stay by the looks of it. Gnash crouched down and Ayane climbed on top. She held a hand out to me and I climbed behind her, the three of us parading down the streets of our kingdom. Flowers were thrown as we walked past and I held Ayane close to my body our heartbeats in sync.

Peace finally reigned between our kingdoms and we have become allies. This was how it was meant to be.

I hope your proud father, I thought looking up at the sky.