OVER-USE

When Izuku arrived in school the next day all he heard was talk about the Dragon's son, it was sending him insane with annoyance but filled him with pride. Izuku lay back in his chair rocking a little until he hears the loud bang of Katsuki storming in to ruin his day, show time.

"DEKU!"

"Y-yeah Kaccan?"

He storms over and slams a hand on his desk, no one pays attention as this happened five times yesterday, they were already used to it. Bakugo growls deeply then speaks in an angry tone, "WHY DIDN'T YOU CO-" He stops mid-sentence and leans in uncomfortably close, he leans up to his shoulder then speaks in a monotone voice, "Why do you smell like burning?"

Izuku's eyes widen a little as he calms down and goes back to his nervous composure, "I-I was Buring...some old shelves! My father asked me to burn them!"

"That's why you couldn't come to the mall?" He used a letdown tone as if he was expecting something bigger, his excuse was lame. "Because you were burning old shelves."

"Yes."

"Liar."

"W-What?"

"I live two houses down from you, I was outside training, the area didn't smell like smoke and I didn't see any."

"O-okay that was a lie...b-but I was cooking and set the stove on fire. I didn't want to say because it's embarrassing."

"mmhmm..." Bakugo walks away knowing it was all a pathetic lie, but a lie to cover what?

Izuku growls as soon as he was out of range, he sighs and leans back, he's a pain in the arse.

-LUNCH-

Izuku sat next to Todoroki with Uraraka and Iida opposite them, they were all digging into their lunches like savage animals except Izuku. He wasn't a robot. He did have feelings. He did feel guilty but he had taught himself to delay his emotions so he could stash them and deal with them later when he's not in danger or on a job.

Todoroki places down his drink and turns to Izuku with creased eyebrows, "Aren't you eating Izuku?"

Izuku snaps out of his thoughts then looks over at Todoroki like he was an alien, "What?"

"You haven't eaten?"

"Oh...I'm just...not hungry."

Iida and Uraraka had halted their conversation to also look on at Izuku with their brows knitted together, laced with concern for their new friend.

Iida, "You have to eat something to maintain a healthy diet!"

Uraraka, "Yeah! You gotta stay healthy!"

Izuku, "Really, I'm not hungry."

Iida, "Your immune system will practically melt away if you don't eat!"

That was it for him, it triggered his memories of the man he had set alight melting alive in front of him, the disgusting smells of burning flesh invading his nose, his screams drowning out his thoughts. He felt vile climb up his throat. He quickly slammed a hand on his mouth and stood up pushing his chair back creating a loud screech from the metal chair legs drawing the attention of some of the surrounding people.

He sprints to the bathroom and nocks past an angry Bakugo on his way making him give chase for a while angry. He runs into a stall and hurls into the bowl, his memories were too vivid for him.

His father didn't know Izuku was affected by his work, but he was and his super quirk had side effects. Side effects like coughing up his own blood, vivid flashbacks, nausea and insomnia. He didn't know why it had so many side effects, he just assumed that it was because of how strong it was and how he used it.