Move-in Day!

You don't think you've ever experienced so much verbal abuse until the ceremony after-party.

And that says a whole damn lot considering the life you've had to endure.

For the past two hours, you've had to listen to everyone stabbing you in the back, complaining about how life is so unfair, just because you were paired with Min Yoongi. It's not like you had a choicehow on Earth could you have known that your immune system happened to be the most opposite of his?

Your thoughts are interrupted with a onslaught of hugs.

"YANG Y/N OH MY GOD I can't believe you were paired with Yoongi! I'm so jealous of you!" Hana exclaims over the music blasting through the speakers, the bass so loud it rumbles through your chest.

Hyoyeon laughs and swings an arm around both you and Hana. "We got pretty good partners, though, Hana. I mean, Im Jaebeom and Kim Wonpil?? The other petty ass girls would kill for either one of them," she states, winking at your other best friend. You can't help but laugh; Hyoyeon always had the skill of making you laugh no matter how shitty you felt.

The joyous feeling only lasts for a brief moment, and the overwhelming dread sinks into you again. Reality hits. You were really paired with Min Yoongi, and you don't know what you're gonna do to withstand that boy.

"Here is your key, Miss Yang, and here is the address to your new home. Settle in as soon as you can and congratulations on being recently matched." The secretary of the housing facility gives you a plastic smile as she hands you the keys and piece of paper. You nod a thank you before exiting the building.

You take a deep breath before pulling out your phone and dialing your mom.

She answers within the first ring, just as always.

"Hello? Are you there, sweetie?" Her warm honey voice calms you down and you can't help but smile.

"Hi, mom. I just left the housing building. Where did you and dad park?"

"Don't worry about it, Y/N, we'll come to you." You can practically hear your mom's smile over the phone. The dimples that perfectly frame her smile and the crinkles by her eyes when they squint.

You're gonna miss her so damn much.

It's only a moment before your parents pull up to the curb and you're taken to your new home.

It's move-in day, and you suddenly wish you were twelve again. And you hated pre-pubescent Y/N.

Granted, your self-hatred still hasn't left and probably won't anytime soon.

Your parents are helping you unpack your boxes when your dad strikes up a conversation to kill the anxious silence that's been building up in the small house.

"So, Min Yoongi, huh? Haven't seen him since you two were stuck together like glue." He chuckles, his warm laugh calming you down despite the topic that has just been brought up. "Did something happen between you two all those years ago? You never told us anything about that from what I recall."

You're unfolding the light periwinkle bed sheets your parents had bought for you and your new fiance as you shrug in response to your dad. "We just sort of drifted apart I guess. But that's what happens when you grow up, huh?" You lie through your teeth.

Your dad stops what he's doing for a moment—setting up your dresser—and you feel his eyes on your back. Luckily he doesn't say anything, but if he did, you know exactly what he'd say.

I know you're lying, Y/N.

You're about to finish making the bed when you hear a knock at the door. You stop yourself from sighing and approach the door, not hesitating before swiftly pulling it open. And in the blink of an eye, you're face to face with your worst enemy: your fiance.

The porcelain boy stares back at you, and you're momentarily distracted by his odd(ly beautiful........ wait no Y/N shut up) espresso eyes. The brunet steps past you after mumbling what you barely consider a hello and sets down the bag that was slung over his shoulder.

You close the newly crafted door behind you and call for your parents through the echoey living room. You study the house as you wait for them. The space seems to be the perfect balance of open and yet divided, and the big windows at the front of the house provide a fresh, natural lighting that for some reason calms you down from all the stress that's taking over your body. The blank white walls seem a bit eerie to you, and the lack of furnishing on the natural honey wood flooring makes the house feel a bit too unwelcoming.

You're in the middle of imagining possible interior designs of the house when your ears are filled with your parents' reassuring voices.

"Min Yoongi! It's been quite a few years, it's so good to see you again." Your mother, of course, greets your fiance with a warm smile and welcoming hug, her contagious smile causing a tug at your lips. "You're so grown up! How have you been? Y/N hasn't told us anything about you since you two were tiny tots."

"I've been doing well, Mrs. Yang." His warm tone genuinely pisses you off and you almost glare daggers to the back of his head as he continues speaking. "I hope you and your husband have been healthy and doing well, too."

Your father reaches out a hand and gives Yoongi a firm handshake, his eyes skeptically scanning the boy before he opens his mouth. "It's good to see you again, Yoongi." You almost laugh at how artificial your dad's greeting was, but the sound of Yoongi's voice quickly destroys any feeling of giddiness in yourself.

"You, too, Mr. Yang. Looks like you haven't aged at all since I saw you last. You don't look a day over 21, as always." This corny compliment is followed by a laugh. A laugh. From Min Yoongi. The boy whose smile hasn't been seen since your class was playing with sidewalk chalk.

You restrain yourself from mumbling profanities as you listen to your parents and the snake catch up with each other. Soon enough, your parents leave the two of you with a farewell, and you're alone with Yoongi for the first time in years.

"Your parents seem to be as happy as ever. It's almost impossible to believe your whiny, pessimistic ass was the result of those two." The dry tone that leaves Yoongi's tongue is almost enough to send you over the edge, but you restrain yourself as you begin to tidy up the now empty boxes.

"My parents were very excited to see you today. They were overjoyed that you and I were paired up together." You toss a box a bit too aggressively as you turn to face your fiance. "That's the only reason as to why I haven't ripped your eyeballs out of their sockets yet." You grind your teeth before turning your focus back to the boxes.

"I'm flattered."

For being the first conversation the two of you have had in who knows how many years, it went quite well. You were expecting there to be noise complaints from the neighbors and your face burning from tears, so the five second interaction was quite the pleasant surprise.

However, you're sure you're not the only one who is expecting it to all go downhill from here, and you can't say you're upset about that.

[A/N]

New chapter up~

I'm really scared that this is just really boring right now hhfhfasdf i'm so sorry if it is (i feel like that say that every time rip)

thank you for reading!

~bangtanstaan