friend | yeri

friend by godrics on tumblr

"You don't have to help me, you know," you keep telling Yeri as she follows you up to your room, "You know my brother's a handful."

"Which is why, together, we have four hands," Yeri grins at you and you smile, letting out a laugh.

"Here he is," your mother's standing by your door when you get up the stairs and she hands you to him, him immediately fidgeting in your hands, "You know the rules, Y/N."

"Yes, mom, I do," you sigh, bouncing your brother up and down in your arms, your left hand around his back, "Go have fun. Not too much fun, though, I don't need another sibling, thanks."

Your mom gives you an annoyed look before pressing a kiss to your brother's cheeks and then yours, "Behave. We'll be back later."

"Bye," your brother says, waving. You watch her walk downstairs before turning to Yeri.

"I don't think she likes me," Yeri says, even though she's not really bothered, or at least, she doesn't show she is.

"She does," you shrug, "I mean, well ..."

"She doesn't like me," she nods her head.

You sigh, "It's because you're an idol, wouldn't have much time for me."

"I don't have enough time for all of my friends, why would you be different...?" She asks.

You shrug, pretending not to know, "I don't know, maybe she's just overprotective, let's go in my room."

Later on, when it was almost midnight, and your brother was fast asleep after playing for hours, you and Yeri lay in your bed, worn out from the seemingly endless energy your brother has.

"I thought you could handle him and his energy," you huff out a breath, your chest rapidly falling up and down, "'You're an idol!"

"I... When he's older, he can definitely be an idol," she says, out of breath as well, "Gosh, I've never met a child with that much energy ... Never again."

You huff out a laugh, "Yeah, no, my parents would never let him." It's quiet besides your breathing and your head turns to her, "Hey, why'd you help me? I told you my brother was a handful, and crazy, and so much energy stored in a five year old."

Yeri's still staring at the ceiling as she hesitates, "I... No reason," she nods, "Yeah, just thought I'd be a good friend."

Friend.

"Yeah, friend," you muster up a smile, "Thanks. Wouldn't be able to do it without you."