Blue Dress Shirt Guy and Nike Boy

Seeing the last big box on top of Harper's old wine colored Toyota Corolla gives me three mixed feelings.

 First, this is the last ginormous box out of many that we had to carry by our selves upstairs to our new apartment, which gives me a big relief. 

It's summertime and I'm sweating even though I only have a tank top and denim shorts on. 

Second, there is one more ginormous box for us to carry on the 5th floor of our building, which doesn't have an elevator because, well, New York City rent, am I right? My arms are sore and I don't think I can carry anymore. 

Last but not the least, carrying this last box and setting it in our new apartment means that we're officially moved in. To New York City. My dream since I knew such place exists. 

I sat, waiting for Harper to go down, next to the old and dusty car in an Asian squat that I have then mastered since I saw my grandpapa do it when I was three. 

I contemplated in my head if I should light a cigarette when I saw this girl with long black hair bouncing up and down the entry to our apartment with a wide grin on her face. 

"How are you so smiley? It's so hot and we still have to carry this dinosaur box!" I said faking dilemma on my face. I always tend to be a little over dramatic with my expressions. I was a theater kid in high school. 

"But it's the last one! And it's your box, why is it so heavy anyway?" Harper asked.

"I just told you, it's a dinosaur box." I glared at her.

"What?" baffled and then realization hit her face within 5 seconds. "Oh, HA-HA!" 

I bent down to pull the box closer to me, took off a little duct tape on the box, put my hand inside and pulled out one of my dinosaur lights.

"Yes, yes, I can't still sleep without night lights but it's cute though." I said while playing with Cera the Triceratops, one of my night lights/plushies.  

Yes, I am mentally 7 years old and yes, it's named after one of Little Foot's best friends in Land Before Time. One of the best TV shows there is. Fight me.

I glared at my friend who hasn't stop giggling to herself. "Girl, stop. Let's just carry this d*mn thing upstairs." 

We managed to get that thing passed the reception area of our apartment but since there are no elevators, we have to manage getting it by the steep and narrow stairway.

Both of us carrying the brown box covered in duct tape, which looked like two 3 year old children put on as their project for nursery school, and holding it on either side. 

"Pivot! Pivot! Pivooooooot!" I would scream like Ross Geller from Friends just to make the situation a little fun rather than sweaty and exhausting.

Harp would just laugh so much that sometimes she would almost drop the box. My dinosaur box. I can hear the receptionist and the man guarding the front door downstairs laughing at our shenanigans. 

Finally, we arrived in our cozy little apartment. We've only seen pictures of it when we won this over one of those bidding sites on the internet. 

Fresh out of college, desperate, and poor but I don't think we've made the wrong decision on this one.

The floor was almost newly painted with bright wood design and the walls were white bare.

I think they threw in a white couch along, I don't know why we were given a generous price and a free couch, it's like someone died here or something.