Who's begging who

I still can't help thinking about that weird engagement I had with Mr. Holmes. 

He just gently grabbed my arm, looked at the floor, gave me a compliment then just walked away like nothing happened but not until I caught a slight blush that rushed across his cheeks. 

Every guy that I'm coming across with seem to be a little weird, right? First there's Will, now there's Mr. Holmes.

Or are they completely normal and it's on me? I'm the weirdo?

I'm just really happy that my first day went well. I feel like there was an invisible weight that's now been lifted off my shoulders.

Now I'm standing here at the roof top of Kingston Tower. I guess almost everyone spends their time here when they're on break as per Grace, my co-worker and newly found office friend. 

There are black chairs scattered by design and plain looking round coffee tables.

I rested my arms on the railings and stared at the New York City view. Man, ain't she a beauty.

There were a few people from different studios besides Grace and I, I guess we picked a good time to hang around here. 

Not that I'm that much of an introvert, there's just a lot of things on my mind right now.

My mother's death anniversary is coming up and I still have to talk to Mr. Holmes and ask for a day off. 

It's just his staff's second day of work and she's already asking for vacation. I wonder what he would think of it.

He seems strict with regard to work but I've seen him be friendly with everyone else so maybe he'll cut me some slack. 

"You know, instead of burning your lungs out maybe you should just ask him already." Grace's voice snapped me out of my wandering thoughts. 

I put the menthol cigarette in my mouth and puffed one last time before turning around to face her and put out the cigarette on the ashtray that's set on the table. 

"I know, I know. Just go finish your stupid coffee so I can go straight to his office and beg." I joked.

"Oh yeah? How will you do that? On his lap or on your knees?" She retorted back with a smile on her face. 

I gave out a real, full blown laugh. This is what I like about her, she's so easy to joke around with. "That's disgusting. I'd rather beg when he's on top of me." I wiggled my eyebrows at her. 

"Girl, the way he keeps looking at you, I'm pretty sure he's the one who's going to beg." 

"What?" I asked with a confused look on my face.

"Nothing, girl. Let's just go back. We've been hanging here for too long it's like they're paying us to drink coffee." 

***

I've been standing here in the hallway for about five minutes, staring at the door that has the name 'Thomas Holmes' plastered on it.

I can do this, I mentally prepared myself.

As I held my hand out to knock, I felt a light tap on my shoulder. "What are you doing?" A deep, manly voice sounded from my back. 

I turned around and Mr. Holmes was staring at me with slight amusement evident from his face. 

"Umm.. Good afternoon Mr. Holmes.. I-" I mentally cringed at myself, why am I so nervous?

Thankfully, he interjected "Please, I assume we'll be working for a long time, I'd prefer you call me Thomas or Tom, whichever you're comfortable with."