t h r e e

*:・゚✧*:・゚

chapter three

(acafellas) 

Nows the time. Just open the door and go in there. 

Milenia took a deep breath. This was it. Her hand found its way to the doorknob. Twisting it slowly, her palms started to feel sweaty. The door opened and all faces turned towards the red-headed girl. There's no way out now.

"Then we go into-" just as Mr. Shue was teaching the glee club about their lesson of the day, a soft voice interrupted him, "Mr. Shue? Can I talk to you?" The middle-aged man spun around and took notice of the red-head. "Sure." He gave the New Direction his 'just wait for a second' look and went over to her. "I want to audition for glee club." Her voice was sharp and determined. This was something she was going to do. 

Finn and Quinn looked at each other. Neither of them understood why she was here. They had both been trying to hold her out of the club. Not because they didn't want her to do something she loved, but because they wanted to protect her. They knew how badly the members of glee club were treated, and they didn't want her to get hurt. 

"The floor is yours." Milenia smiled at him and went over to the band. She told them what song she wanted to sing and to her surprise, they seemed very fond of her song choice. The red-head went to stand in the center of the room, "Why are you here, Milenia?" Her head shot up at the person speaking to her, "I'm here to audition, Finn. I don't care if you like it or not. I'm doing this for me." As she said her last words, Milenia nodded to the band and they started playing the music. 

"Here's the thing; we started out as friends. It was cool, but it was all pretend. Yeah, yeah. Since you've been gone." Her voice started out soft but grew stronger with each word she sang, "You dedicated, you took the time. Wasn't long 'til I called you mine. Yeah, yeah. Since you've been gone."

The glee clubbers watched her intensely. Some of them looked at each other. They were shocked at how good her voice was. "And all you'd ever hear me say, is how I pictured me with you. That's all you'd ever hear me say." 

Milenia's smile grew bigger and bigger as she reached the chorus, "But since you've been gone, I can breathe for the first time. I'm so moving on. Yeah, yeah. Thanks to you. Now I get what I want. Since you've been gone." The small red-head started to jump around in the room with some of the kids joining her. 

"You had your chance, you blew it. Out of sight, out of mind," Milenia was getting ready for the high note. It was her favorite part of the song, "Shut your mouth, I just can't take it. Again and again, and again, and again." 

Only three people left sitting on their chairs as the rest was joining Milenia in her performance, some even singing the chorus with her, "Since you've been gone (since you've been gone), I can breathe for the first time. I'm so moving on. Yeah, yeah. Thanks to you (thanks to you), Now I get, I get what I want." The smile on her face was as big as it could get. She loved performing this song and all she could feel was happiness. "I can breathe for the first time. I'm so moving on. Yeah, yeah. Thanks to you (thanks to you). Now I get (I get). You should know (you should know). That I get, I get what I want. Since you've been gone."