Chapter 1 invitation

This day was going to drive you crazy!! You  dropped a full Diet Coke on a presentation you had just printed out.

SHIT! Because :

1) full Diet Coke, wasted
2) Now you had to reprint the presentation, bind it again and get it go your supervisor’s desk before you could leave
3) This was all wasting the precious time you had to get ready for your date with Jin.

This night was important and you were tied in knots.  That's probably why you lost your grip on the Diet Coke! You were a freaking basket case!

Jin had called you a week ago to tell you he would be back in town last night and ask you to go out tonight. 

This date, however, was different.  Tonight you were meeting his friends, his managers and upper level management.  They were gathering the team for a celebration dinner.  Jin told you they had rented a popular nightclub that had just opened.  They rented the entire club, for a company dinner.

Then came the “what do I wear “ questions.  Jin won the “best and least helpful" boyfriend award with this exchange:

YOU:  “So, what do I wear?”

JIN: “Just wear whatever you would wear to a club.  It does not matter.  Whatever you wear, you will be the most beautiful woman there”

YOU:  “What are you going to wear?”

JIN:  “I don’t know. I'll come up with something.”

You went through your “to do" list as you waited for the printer. You mentally changed outfits a dozen times before coming back to the one you laid out this morning.   You finally got the presentation ready for final review and headed out.

Racing home you jumped in the shower.  Stepping out you wrapped yourself in your flannel, more accurately Jin's flannel.  You pampered yourself, layering on lotion and perfume in Jin's favorite scent. 

You did natural makeup, trying to decide if your eyes or your lips should “pop". 

And the eternal question about your hair, up or down.  You decided pulled up in a classic ponytail with the ends curled would be perfect.

Checking the clock, you hurried with the finishing touches. Your undergarments were the easiest to select, Jin made sure of that.

In the end you decided it was much more appropriate to dress “meet the boss" than “club". 

A weekend shopping trip had scored you a knock out red dress with a boat neck and diagonal pleating to give you some “help" in your least favorite areas.  It was a stretch knit fabric that was forgiving where it need to be but clung to your curves in all the right places.  The boat neck collar revealed just a hint of your collar bones and gave you the illusion of a long neck.  You had a camel sweater coat if you needed to cover during the business meeting and then added warmth for the  cooler night

  You had a camel sweater coat if you needed to cover during the business meeting and then added warmth for the  cooler night

You had purchased the perfect nude shoes to wear  but just looking at them you knew the heels were killer.  Killer in the way they made your legs and ass look. Also killer in the way your feet would feel. You sat them by the front door anyway.

So that decided, ruby nails and lips followed. You rummaged through your jewelry drawer for matching jewelry.

Standing back, looking in your bedroom mirror, you almost chickened out.  But the memory of Jin asking you to please be his date for this special night gave you courage. You sat to wait for your driver.

Jin had hummed with this weird sort of energy all day.  He wondered if it was because of the staff meeting.  He immediately discarded that idea as he thought of the festivities that had been planned.  No, tonight was going to be a huge celebration!

Then Jin realized his nerves and his anticipation came from his excitement in seeing you again.  He had not be able to break away last night.  He had the jitters waiting to see you.  He checked his watch- again. 

“The drivers should be leaving for pickup" he announced to no one in particular. He waited by the door until the cars came.

Jin's company supplied drivers for the team and for guests.  This was especially true if it was an event where drinking was allowed.  According to Jin, tonight drinking would not only be allowed, but encouraged!

You placed nervously in front of the door.  The sound of a car pulling in the drive made you jump.  You looked out the side window to see an attractive man exit a sleek black sedan.  You turned to gather your purse and do a double check before he reached the door. 

As you opened the door at the chime of the bell.  The man bowed slightly and said “I am here to escort you to Mr. Kim.  If you are ready...” he gestured toward the car.  Within minutes you were on your way.

Traffic toward downtown was heavy, but was moving quickly.  The driver had seated you in the back seat and turned music on as he started the car. 

Thankful that you did not have to make small talk, you willed your body to relax and told your anxiety to shut up. Your phone chimed.

JIN:  We have just arrived.  Are you on your way?

YOU: Yes, not sure how much longer.  Jin, I am really nervous

JIN: Don’t be baby.  You will be FANTASTIC. Plus I plan to drag you into a corner all for myself as soon as possible.

YOU: make sure everyone sees my new dress first 😎  Seriously  you are the best ever.

JIN:  I can’t wait!! Hurry up!!!