Final Kombat

Without warning, Stryker immediately pulled out his gun and began firing .9 mm rounds at the Emperor. The loud shots shook the other warriors from their astonished gawking as the bullets plunged harmlessly into Shao Kahn's skin, healing within moments of wounding his flesh. With a war cry, Nightwolf bolted towards their enemy holding a mystical bow that materialized from thin air and fired a barrage of arrows at him. Meanwhile, Kitana produced her deadly fans and Jade clutched her tri-blade boomerang in her fist before both women threw their weapons and charged towards him. To Sub-Zero's left, Sonya fired pink lasers from some kind of energy weapon, Jax sprayed machine gun bullets in three-shot bursts, and Kabal threw a canister of purple chemical gas before he bolted forward with his hook-swords poised for battle. To the Cryomancer's right, Liu and Raiden stomped towards their enemy with fists charged with flame and lightning respectively, directing their powerful energy at the invader. Sub-Zero summoned his own powers to his hands, inadvertently creating a fog with the sudden chill in his flesh, and then joined his comrades with a determined grunt by aiming a jet of blue-white energy at the Emperor.

But Shao Kahn was not so easily defeated. He merely laughed at all the weapons and powers hitting him at once, then arrogantly brushed at his chest as if he were shooing away a fly. Nobody could touch him. The Emperor patiently waited at the portal's mouth for the Earthrealm warriors to reach him, and when they got close enough he held up his hand, made a fist, and a green wall of energy exploded from him in all directions, knocking all the fighters backwards once more. Sub-Zero landed on the grass with a thud, and he coughed to recover the wind that was knocked from him. A moment later, he was on his feet and charging the Emperor again, this time flanked by Kitana and Liu.

The three of them immediately attacked while their teammates got to their feet once more. As Liu leaped up and tried to bicycle-kick Shao Kahn in the face, Sub-Zero formed a kori sword in his hands and swung it in a graceful arc at his head the moment the Emperor threw the Shaolin monk to the ground. The immortal expertly dodged the attack before he caught the weapon with his meaty hand and crushed it to shards immediately. The Cryomancer stumbled to the side slightly as Kitana sprung vertically into the air and stabbed one of her fan blades into her step-father's chest with an enraged scream. He groaned, but then snatched her long braid and swung her with it into Nightwolf before he plucked the fan from his muscle. The wound wept slightly, but the princess had inflicted no real damage to him.

Liu and Kuai Liang attacked again, now joined by Johnny and Jade, all of them throwing punches at the same time. Shao Kahn batted Liu's fist away, wrenched Jade's arm behind her until it snapped, and then brought his palm down into Sub-Zero's arm before he swung his own arm across his broad chest, catching his opponents in their jaws with his clenched fist. They all fell down, and while Johnny pulled Jade away from the fight, the Cryomancer spat out a mouthful of his own blood onto the grass before he jumped back to his feet. At that point, Raiden, who was nearby, raised his arms high into the air and summoned a thick bolt of lightning to strike the Emperor. A brilliant pillar of white light crashed into their enemy immediately, but it did no good. When the light fled away, Shao Kahn stood there with his hands on his hips, laughing.

"Is that all you've got?" he chided. "I don't know why, but I expected more from your warriors, Raiden." More lightning flew from the Thunder God's hands, but to no avail.

Kabal raced by him now in a colorful blur, and tried to grab the Emperor's armor with his hook-swords, but when the hooks found Shao Kahn's wrist braces, he merely yanked on his arms and threw the Black Dragon operative in the opposite direction. Kabal crashed into a tombstone, and it exploded on impact in a shower of rock and dust. Jax, who had trotted up by this point, punched him in the face with his powerful cybernetic fists. Their enemy's face barely moved to the side from the momentum, and then he struck back, knocking the soldier backwards several feet. Now Sonya charged forward with a ferocious scream and cartwheeled into him, pushing him back slightly, but accomplishing nothing before he grabbed her combat boot and flung her to the side. Stryker threw a flash-bang grenade at the immortal just as Nightwolf threw a mystical tomahawk, and though both weapons found their target, Shao Kahn laughed cruelly as they both fell harmlessly to the ground. Finally, as Sub-Zero approached for another pass, ready to lob an ice ball at him, the Emperor calmly hefted his hammer with both hands and swung it around, knocking everyone within close proximity backwards but catching the Cryomancer directly in the chest with its heavy weight. His hands, which were charged with his power, sprayed ice wildly into the sky as he uncontrollably flew through the air, and snow fell quietly to the earth.