Winter Chaos | Story Five - Part 1

Prompt: She sees snow for the first time.

Couple: Shivaay x Anika

I've Loved You For A Thousand Years - Part One

“If the world is infinite and you’re immortal, then we shall definitely meet again in another life time! I love you, Shiv!” She stuttered in tears as she exhaled her last breath.

“Annika…”

He watched her soul slowly departing and rising into the air. It was bright and shining, like a star on the darkest night of winter! Bold and beautiful. That was what she is!

“Please don’t reincarnate again. I can’t bear to watch you die in my arms for another time. I’m afraid I don’t have the strength anymore, Annika!” He leant down and kissed her forehead, for one final time, hoping that it would be the last. He got up with a much burdened, guilty heart and picked her lifeless body up in his arms. Her hands which always found their way to encircle his neck was hanging down, swaying as he walked towards the boat grave. He laid her on the silk sheeted mattress in the boat and gave it a strong push with his powers through the defrosted lake. Sustaining the tears that brimmed by the corner of his blue eye, he picked up the bow and lit up the end of the arrow.

“I love you Annika! I’ve always loved you!” He whispered and aimed the arrow towards the boat grave. Upon its release, it hit the boat grave and the flames began to engulf the whole of it, reducing them into the ashes from where it all began. Once it was completely vanished into the thin air, the blue-eyed man frosted the entire lake yet again, as how it should be in the winter.

* * *

“Hey baby girl! Look up at your Daddy here!” A middle-aged man tried to gain the attention of his few months old daughter as they drive through a deserted road in the winter. His daughter cooed back in response to her father’s call as she bounced on her mother’s lap.

“She loves me more, see!” Her father claimed proudly.

“She loves me more, Harsh!” Her mother scoffed.

“Vaay!” The baby cooed again, trying to tell her parents whom she loves the most, but they seemed to misunderstand her attempt.

“See Harsh! Even she is trying to ask why we are fighting over something like this. She is our daughter! I’m sure she love us both equally, don’t you baby?” Anamika questioned her daughter, to which her baby nodded.

The happiness of the small family prevailed only for a few seconds after that as a speeding truck lost its control and skidded from its track into their car. Her mother was quick to her instinct and wrapped her daughter in her arms tightly. The catastrophe was being witnessed by a pair of blue eyes that could do nothing but since it was beyond his power. He was about to vanish into the thin air when he heard the soft cries of a baby girl.