Chapter 2- Continuing

After spending the rest of the day goofing off, they went home, ate their supper and went to bed. Well I mean Sans went to his room and Papyrus decided to watch Mettaton. I guess in all reality it was really only around 7 PM, but who actually cares? And DO NOT say you do, because I'll find you! Anyway...

The reasons Sans decided to go to his room were quite simple; Sans hated Mettaton both on TV and in-person, and he wanted to find out what was with the strange book he nabbed from the library. So he placed himself on his mattress and flipped open the book.

Dirt clung onto the paper as if it was super-glued, but strangely some of the words he couldn't read before were completely visible. And so, he started to read. He started with the warning, it looked hand-written as if someone other than the author wrote it.

If you see this, do NOT continue to read this book unless you're ready for something you wouldn't expect from a book. It's going to lead you down twists and turns you'd never expect to see from a collection of words on paper. This story is a story about a D----- who nobody knew about. I guess knowing is half the battle, so if you read this book, DO NOT STOP.

Don't die,

Anonymous

Sans tried rubbing the dirt off of the word he couldn't read, but he couldn't so he just assumed what it said. "Why say don't read the book but if you do, then not to stop? Isn't that just a little I don't know... contradicting towards yourself?" He hummed and flipped the page.

Today's the day where I stop the operation.

They said they couldn't fix the issue that had to do with "jumps" in time. I don't believe them, they have so much at their finger-tips, they're just trying to hide the truth.

That they don't care.

I met the ------ today. He didn't talk much, but when he did his voice was clear unless he got angry or frustrated. Seeing his face makes me wanna burn him alive... but I held back. We can't lose a "genius" at this time. Nah, the only reason I didn't kill him is he's close to the king.

I don't wanna deal with him.

I tried stopping the operation, I didn't succeed. Instead, I only managed to postpone it. But today I met the doc's assistant. He was a short guy, an interesting fellow he was. He was a bit more talkative than the good ol' --- which was a different change of pace.

And he knew all about the "jumps", or a lot about them, at least.

-- ---- on -------- about --- ----- and --- ---- ---- caused-

Sans gave up, the rest was smudged and covered. It made it impossible to read. But the more he thought about it, the more and more things felt too familiar for him. He remembered bits and pieces about the underground before his old friend fell. Gaster, him falling screwed so much up. But then Sans started to put bits and pieces of the books missing text together.

"Wait, 'the good ol' doc'?" Sans raised a non-existent eyebrow. "And jumps? This isn't talking about G', is it?"

He hummed. The assistant eh? Sans remembered back when Gaster was alive that a project they'd been working on started to break down and when they took a look at it, it looked like sabotage. He'd always thought some of their co-workers were strange...

Sans had a keen eye when it came to judging people. Always managed to see through barriers they may or may not have. This just confirmed something was hidden from them for a while, but he could never tell what it was. Now he knew someone at the lab did it, but he just didn't know who.

He set the open book to the side and got up. He wanted to go check what papyrus was up to, but he fell on his face upon taking one step. He tried to sit up, but the shadows around his room had turned to hands and grabbed at his wrists and ankles, hooking him to his floor. 

Panic suddenly filled his system, what was going on? He rolled to the side, making some shadows rip in half and disperse. He looked around, trying to see anything that could've been causing this. The shadows around his room started to twist into some sort of human or monster figures shadow, but it definitely wasn't Sans' shadow. It was taller than the skeleton, by a couple of inches or so, and it wore what looked like a cloak. Then, it reached a hand out to Sans, the hand itself becoming a real thing coming through his wall, being made of shadows and bone.

Sans searched around again, his room itself started to change, his door became a part of the wall, the windows started to melt, and the light flickered constantly. Then, he noticed the book, a golden light shining in-between pages. He grabbed the book and slammed it shut, then he was brought back to reality. Everything was normal again like nothing had just happened.

Sans calmed down, sat on the floor, and began to question what had just happened.

"What the fuck was that even about?"