Chapter One

"O'Hara with her 7th goal in two games, an impressive feat for our only female player on the team. And, an amazing 25 goals in the whole season, she is really shaping up to be one of our most valuable forwards." I heard my coach remark to the local news paper.

"Thank you Coach." The reporter said and the coach nodded stepping away.

"Ms. O'Hara, what do you have to say about your new record?"

"I'm just amazed, and honestly extremely proud of myself for what I have accomplished and of course being the only girl on the team, I can rub this in some of my teammates faces. All in good spirits of course." I smirked over at my long time crush and team mate, Chase Smith. He looked back and flashed his perfect smile.

"Thank you miss, have a nice evening and congratulations on your record." The reporter said and walked away.

"Nice game." Chase said smacking my ass, not in a sexual way of course, he smacks everyone else's butts too. Guys.

"Thanks man, you too." I punched his shoulder and grinned.

"You up for a little team party at my place tonight? In honour of you."

I heard some of the other boys shout some 'woops' celebrating me. To be honest it felt nice to be celebrated once and a while. I brushed my medium length, strawberry blonde hair out of my face and replied, "Of course, just shower up. Please, you stink seriously."

We hadn't been to the locker rooms yet, interviews first, showers second. I always thought that was a mistake. It definitely was.

"See ya later then?" He backed up into a wall and smoothly caught himself. I giggled.

"Yeah, see ya later 'Grace'." I mocked him. He just smiled, I could feel that it was going to be a good night.

About an hour and a half later, when we were all clean and smelled, semi decent, we met up outside the locker rooms and talked about our plans.

"So, what's the plan guys?" I asked seriously skeptical about what they were planning.

"I don't know, I just figured we would head over to Chase's place and play Xbox or whatever." Jesse Halloway, my next door neighbor and best friend since kindergarten clarified.

"Guys, I don't know, I'm kind of tired and tomorrow's my birthday and I have a party planned... It might get too late.." I contemplated silently over and over again in my mind.

Tomorrow was my 18th birthday and I had a HUGE party planned with all of my family and friends. We decided to go to the states for my birthday. I figured it would be nice to get away from Saskatoon for a weekend. I love my hometown, but man, there is so much more world out there that I couldn't wait to see. Chicago, Illinois was our destination. To see the Hawks play in person for the first time ever. Also, to visit my grandma, couldn never forget that.

I was so excited to head for Chicago, not only would I get to see my favourite team play, but also my favourite player, Patrick Kane. God, he was goregeous. And a hell of a hockey player too.

I eventually decided to just go for it and head to Chase's house to let loose for a while. I'd worked hard today and I needed to relax.

When I got there, it looked as if they had been waiting for me. I walked in to find them almost silent.

"Hey Kid!" They called me Kid. I was the youngest and the only girl, not good odds for me. But they were my brothers, and they knew I was as tough as they were.

They all looked at me, and then to Chase, our captain, so apparently they wanted him to make all their decisions for them. They just stared and I became suspicious of what they were up to.

"Well, we wanted to get you something for your birthday." Jesse started.

"And, for breaking that record!" Chase added. He grabbed my hand and took me dragged me to the kitchen.

"Guys, you didn't have to you- It's okay guys, I mean-." I tried to tell them I didn't need whatever it was, I didn't want special treatment.

"Guys!" I half gasped when I saw what it was. A brand new Patrick Kane jersey.

"Thank you!" I said grinning at all of my favorite boys.

"You deserve it babe." I heard my boyfriend, Johnathan, say.

"Awe baby." I hugged him. He was the most jealous, fake bastard I had ever met. I was only with him because I was afraid of him.

He kissed my forehead an ran his had up my thigh and grabbed my ass.

"Will you go get me a drink babe?" I asked him, I wanted to talk to Chase.

"Anything for you Princess." He smiled at me and walked off.