Chapter 4

The next morning I woke up to the obnoxious sound of the hotel's phone ringing in my ear. I groaned and rolled over grabbing the phone.

"Hello?" I groggily spoke into the phone.

No one was there. It was a wake up call. I groaned again, and smacked Sophia on the arm.

"Get up. We have plans." I spoke louder.

"Don't snack me." She squinted as I pulled back the curtains and sunshine rushed in. She reached over to put on her glasses and glanced in the mirror.

"I look awful. I need makeup." She complained and put her hands on her face.

"Whatever." I looked at her. She was one of the most beautiful girls I knew. She had amazing blue eyes and gorgeous long brown hair. She refused to believe that people thought she was pretty, which had always baffled me.

"What time is it?" I heard Paige's rough morning voice come from across the room. Soon I saw her full head of blonde hair and her delicate porcelain skin raise up.

"It's like 10:30. It's not early." Sofia retorted in a snotty tone, those two always sounded like they were in a bad mood.

"It is for me." Paige glared at her and stood up. The only person still sleeping was Liz, and she was not a morning person at all. I walked over and put my hand on her back, gently shaking her.

"What?" She griped from under the covers.

"It's time to get up. We are going sightseeing today." I told her.

"Give me another 30 minutes." She moaned.

"No! Get up!" I pulled her arm and made her sit up.

"She gave me a death glare and slowly started changing her clothing. She, too, had blonde hair, and her skin was splattered with cute freckles.

All of my friends were very different, but yet the same. We all had different interests. For example, they all hated hockey.

But, I forgave them because I loved them. I always believed that's what friendship was. Being able to be different and strange, but loving eachother as if they were me and if they were perfect. I couldn't wait to see what this day would bring.

Soon we were all ready and we left the hotel. This day was going to be great, I could feel it.