Chapter 1 - The Most Magical Time of the Year

"Hey, wake up, wake up!"

"No." groaned Luke.

"Come on, you're missing it!"

Lorelai nudged Luke until he woke up from his deep slumber. Normally she would let him sleep, he's a grandpa after all and wakes up at the crack of dawn. She still joked that he needed a new business. Tonight, he had to wake up because it was the best time of the year, and Lorelai could smell it. She smelled snow.

Luke groggily made an effort to sit up and listen to Lorelai babble on about something. He couldn't quite make it out yet, he was still dreaming about a new truck with a bigger trunk.

"Did you say...you can smell snow?" Luke asked.

"Yes, I smell snow, it's the most magical time of the year and we're missing it!" exclaimed Lorelai.

Luke didn't believe she could smell snow for a second, but she was insistent to get up. He swung his legs out of bed.

"The floor's cold!" Luke said angrily.

Lorelai pretended like she didn't hear him and got her coat on, and was ready to make her way downstairs. Luke continued to grumble about how cold it was and started to call Lorelai crazy. He had watched the weather report earlier that day, and it said nothing about snow. He was absolutely sure of it, yet here he was, half asleep, frozen, and walking through the streets of Stars Hollow.

A few minutes passed, and little flurries began to fall resulting in a gleeful laugh from Lorelai. All things aside, Luke was happy she was happy. That was all that mattered. Lorelai eventually had enough of the nippy weather, and they made their way back to bed. Once Luke could feel his feet again, he fell asleep peacefully, next to the girl of his dreams.