Carter Chapter 35

"The limo just pulled up, everyone quiet." I say as I see my beauty get out the car staring at the entrance to the building oddly. Then she enters

"Surprise" We all yell and the lights turn revealing the Art Gallery with her paintings and a few other upcoming artist lining the wall

"Wow, what is all this? Is this the Gallery opening?" She says with a huge beautiful smile, she is glowing so beautifully right now.

"It's your Gallery opening beautiful, I bought this for you. Happy Birthday my love." I say to her wiping the lone tear rolling down her cheek

"I love you so much Carter and I am so blessed to have you in my life." She says to me

"It's me who is blessed. I have one more thing for you." I say getting down on my knee and reaching into my pocket for the ring.

"Carter what are you doing?" Tanessa's eyes get all big and misty

"I loved you since the first time I saw you and with each day I fall more and more in love with you. You're the start of my day and ending to my night. You make me whole, make my world brighter. I wouldn't change not one thing about us because to me you are my perfect, my beautiful. Will you marry me and let me cherish you for the rest of my life?" I ask opening up the ring box revealing the 4 carat emerald diamond in the center and another 3 carats of diamonds surrounding the entire ring.

"Yes I can't wait to be Mrs. Grant." She says crushing into me almost toppling us onto the floor.

"You are my life, you know that."

"Well WE better be." She says placing my hand on her stomach and a bright smile on her face

"I'm going to be dad, I'm going to be fucking dad." I start yelling picking her up and twirling her all around.

Granted how Tanessa and I started out was not what you would call a normal meet and date situation. The first time I ever met her was while performing surgery on her, saving her life. Still I wouldn't change that because then I would have never be here today. She taught me the true meaning of love, of family. What I thought I had with Tanya at one point was nothing in comparison to what I share with Tanessa. Did I care for Tanya at one time? Yes I did and I would be lying if I said no. But what we had was not love, it was my guilt and the feeling of being obligated that made me keep dealing Tanya. yeah , I been going to therapy. At first I didn't think I needed it, shit what nigga does. It actually is helping though. I have been carrying around so much baggage that at some point I was bond to break.

Honestly I think I was just about there. After I was shot, I was in a coma for two months. I was shot in the stomach and in the chest. I healed pretty fast and recover fully but my mind wasn't right. I remember one day I woke up and Tanessa wasn't home and she left her cell phone at home. To say I was bugging the fuck out was an understatement. I started calling everybody going crazy, then the anxiety attack happened. Come to find out, Tanessa was in the lobby picking up the mail. She was gone all of 10 minutes and I lost my shit. Tanessa walked in to me on the floor tears coming down my face and barely breathing. I felt embarrassed at first, I didn't feel like a man. I felt like a little bitch crying about nothing but it wasn't nothing. I almost lost her that day in that room and then I almost died that day too. I had to learn how to deal with all that.

So here I am today, the happiest the man in the world right now. I am engaged to the most sweetest, smartest, beautiful woman ever and I am going to be a dad.. Tanessa always say I found her but really she helped me with Finding Me.