~25~

Steve

Steve

The Sokovia Accords had already caused more problems than he ever even wanted to admit. Lucky he'd been able to track down Bucky as quickly as he did, operatives could be there any moment. He'd let himself into Bucky's apartment, wondering if he and (y/n) were still together. 

Of course they are, why wouldn't they be?

The apartment was impeccably neat, not a thing was out of place. Of course, the small studio apartment hardly had any room for there to be anything out of place. Before he knew it there was the sound of a key in the lock and Bucky walked in, his arms full of groceries, eyes wide.

"S-Steve what's going on?" He dropped the groceries on the counter.

"There's been a bombing, they think you did it. We have to go. Now." Bucky took off his ball cap, running his hands through his hair.

"Steve I can't go anywhere." He looked at his friend, his eyes pleading.

"Buck you don't have a choice. They're coming full force and they're not going to hesitate to fire." Steve hadn't noticed her walk in, her frame silhouetted against the white door.

"What the hell are you telling me Steve." Her eyes were wide, her face white as a sheet. His eyes took in his best friend. She'd matured since last he'd seen her. His eyes landed on the small bundle in her arms, at first not realizing what he was seeing until the little girl stirred in her mother's eyes.

"Oh my God," Steve paled. "I can talk later, (y/n), you need to leave. Right. Now." He pointed to the door and she pursed her lips in anger, knowing she didn't have a choice. She stepped toward Bucky, reaching up to kiss his lips as he wrapped his arms around her tenderly. As much  as it broke Steve's heart he couldn't help but be antsy. He wanted to drag Bucky out the window immediately as he leaned down to place a kiss on his little girls head. 

"Stay safe please." She looked daggers at Steve over Bucky's shoulder before kissing his cheek and rushing out of their tiny flat.