~3~

Taehyung's pov

The sunrise lighted the calendar. There was a date; a circled date. And guess what, that represented my birthday. In 2 days, I was gonna be 19.

It was not a big deal, really, but I don't know, something didn't feel right. Maybe that concern will go away, I hope so. I didn't even know why I had that feeling, because my birthday was gonna be the best. I will celebrate it with the guys and we were adults, so that meant more fun.

I took a marker from my pencil case and crossed the today's date.

After that, I threw it away and landed on the ground, near my clothes that I wanted to wear, a full black high-neck t-shirt, a pair of black trousers and a grey coat, followed by a noise; a paper noise.

I unfolded it and I saw what kind of paper was that. Every year my parents sent me a happy birthday letter because they had been living in America while I was in Korea for 4 years, but they always had ended up burnt. If "my parents" couldn't even call me, why would I bother? The tradition was that I had to keep them until my next birthday, so the time had nearly come to make that letter ash, too. I was so excited to read a new one and cry over and over again. But I got used to it. It was already a routine.

I woke up from that moment of weakness and decided that I should get dressed and prepare for school. I wanted to spend more time alone, far away from that disgusting place full of mean people, so I chose to walk to the university instead of taking the bus. I put my earphones on and then played my favourite song. I liked it because I found myself there, in the middle of the confusion about who I was and who I was supposed to be.

Tears started falling down so my vision got foggy and the only thing I could see was a light approaching me. Somehow I didn't move because I wanted all to end, to stop being so harmful for my heart. But I felt a warm hand on my shoulder who pushed me down on the sidewalk.

Still, I couldn't move so he removed my tears. Then I saw him. The guy from yesterday who talked to me at the cafe. He offered me his hand and I grabbed it.

"Oh hey..." He said in a low voice and I understood that he was confused. "You are that employee right?"

"Uhm...y-yes." I spoke while looking at the groung. "I'm sorry that you had to stop for this bullshit." I felt guilty because I took away his free time.

"Why do you even apologize? You were standing on the edge of dying. I was walking to school and at the moment I saw you I ran immediately here. If I didn't care I could had let you do that."He said putting his finger under my chin. " C'mon now, I will go with you to your school."

We started walking to where the building was, but I felt uncomfortable because none of us was speaking anything, until he broke the silence.

"So...I'm not gonna ask you what have happened because obviously that needs a lot of trust and we have seen eachother once, but let's talk something else ok?" He pointed his blue eyes at my mines and he chuckled. "Hmm...like in which grade are you?

"Actually I study at university and this is my first year here. It is right on the corner." He looked surprised at me and then he sketched a smile.

"What a coincidence, I go there as well. I'm in the 3rd year. I can show you the school and the surroundings along with the books I have told you. It will be my pleasure." Suddenly he stopped and put his hand on my shoulder. I panicked a little bit but then I observed that we reached our destination.

We entered the university's gate and then saw my friend in front of the doors. That time I was the one who stopped and spoke.

"I will go my friends now. Thank you for that...I-I really appreciate." I said shyly. "I guess we'll see later..."