02

avaline

four months. 

i had been training. training my heart to deal with the emotional that had been left by the mystery of a boy who went by the name of harry styles. 

but there has been a long, long story before all of this. and i guess i am the one to blame for starting it as i used to say.

---

his eyes wandered like flashing headlights on the newest model of a volkswagen car. fast and brilliant. the first time i had looked upon them, it seemed irrelevent and the least important thing to me. if anything, i looked at them with surprise and love rather than the cold and hardened feelings that they had been transformed into.

it was late october and i was working in walgreens, my job rather dangerous, as i stayed till 11 pm. i had dealt with many different types of customers in my working career there. drug addicts, smokers, murders, all of those kind of people came late at night and my heart beat everytime one of them walked in. i was used to it though as the third year of my job there came to a close.

it was rather surprising to see someone a bit decent, soft, gentle, walk into walgreens at 11:07. 

my shift was over but i stayed. i was waiting on that boy to come to the counter. i was interesting in him, like i had never been in anyone before. any girl would be, i think. his eyes shone in the dull light of our store, his small curls were peaking out of the bottom of his beanie. i don't want to go into much description or else you might fall in love with him yourself.

it wasn't love at first sight, most definitely not. i didn't believe in any of that shit. love is for the weak. i had lived my whole life, believing that. or at least trying to believe it. 

i was mesmerized and struggled to pack the girl's prescription painkillers. it was obviously to overdose and i couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt hit me as i stuffed the multiple bottles of barbiturates, morphine, amphetamines, and other sleeping medication. I knew it was hurting them, i knew it was wrong but i couldn't do anything. i had to do my job and that was all. the girl's eyes looked tired and there was dark circles underneath her eyes. her eyes were bloodshot as if she was crying and there was mascara running down her face as evidence. she was shaking in the chilly temperature of the store and struggling to stay standing. her thin hands lightly threw the crumpled up money towards me. i gave her a weak smile as she picked up her bags and almost sleep walked out of the door.

"how are you?" i asked to the next customer without even looking up. it was a habit, almost as if i could do it in my sleep. 

"fine," a deep and raspy voice coughed up as if it hurt to speak. 

i looked up in a haze to see those same green eyes i had been mesmerized with. 

from afar they looked too good to be real but you had to come up close to see the pain within them. 

"hmm," i mumbled in a reply as i handled the card in my hand.

get well soon mom it said on top of the card in a sparkly pink. 

"thank you," he mumbled and walked out of the door not even giving me a second glance. 

"working overtime huh?" i saw my manager come over and say to me.

"yea i guess. i'll be leaving now though."

"alright."

---

i can't get him out of my head.

and it was only the first time.

+++++

(a/n) yep, i know. it's a shitty chapter for a shitty day but leave tons of feedback and love down below and i'll try to update soon based on the comments.

hope you're havin a great day lil hoes :) 

<333 lots of lovee

-protima