Chapter 1

Sam's POV:

The sunlight hit her eyelids as it filtered through the curtains. Squinting against its intensity the sun forced her under the quilt, trying to ignore the day forcing its way in. Samantha was never a fan of mornings, leaving the comfort of her bed to face whatever hell is in store.  

She kicked her legs out of the covers, staggering across the room and sitting at her dresser. Looking in the mirror at the mess of blue hair tumbling down her back her eyes landed on the clean white 'ticket stuck to the glass, the memories of the night before came flooding back. She had Demi Lovato tickets. The smile grew even bigger as she saw the gold italic words, 'Meet and Greet'. She wiggled in her chair with excitement, the buzz propelling her to get ready. 

Demi was Samantha's biggest inspiration, without her music she wouldn't be here today. The concert was only a month away. Just a month and she would see her rocking out on stage, her pink hair flying everywhere. She glanced at her phone to see a message from Lucy 

'LOVATO! LOVATO! LOVATO!' 

Lucy was Samantha's childhood friend, she stuck by her and helped her during the highs and lows, accepted her for who she was when she came out, saved her countless times from her own mind. She was her soul sister. 

Sam threw on her black skinny jeans and band t-shirt before gentle clicking her door open. She crept on her tiptoes step side to side creeping along the corridor silently, her breath hitching in her throat and she passed her father's room. She snuck down the stairs, sidestepping around the beer bottles and she made her way to the door. She passed through the rooms, choking on the stagnant smoke. She skipped out the door and breathed a sigh of relief. She threw her bag on her back and headed to work, her daily freedom from reality was working as a barista.

A/N

Sorry this is short for a first chapter, I was just getting into the swing of the character and story but the others will be longer as time goes on I promise, to anyone reading this, thanks for starting my story and please continue it will get better.