Chapter 2

*Jump ahead to the concert*

Sam's POV:

        I stood in the line, one of hundreds waiting to meet Demi. I was nervous and excited and a whole bundle of emotions that I can't quite pinpoint. My heart started racing ever time we shuffled forward, shivering from the cold snow starting to fall. I was on edge, bouncing my combat boots against the flagged street. 

        My blue hair was flowing in mermaid waves down my back with a big black flower above my ear. I chose a flowing batman tshirt, my leather jacket, ripped skinny jeans and my big black boots. Every now and then I would fiddle with the zipper on my sleeve, just trying to keep my mind busy. 

        "THERE SHE IS!" a girl screamed from in front as she caught a glimpse of Demi at the table ahead. There was only like 50 people in front of me now and my head was racing. 

        Just don't cry, don't cry Sam, she doesn't need someone crying at her. 

        I shuffled closer fixing my hair as the few people in front of me moved to see Demi. I could here them squeeling saying how much they loved her music, I rolled my eyes, she must get tired of people screaming like this. 

        It was my turn oh my gosh. Her security guard motioned me forward, he made me feel uneasy right away. She was sat at a table covered in pictures and fancy pens to sign if people wanted them, her sequined top glittered under the lights. She looked up and smiled at me, her big brown eyes so warm and welcoming. 

        "Hi hun, do you want a picture?" she pointed to the camera woman knelt down in front.

        "Er, yeh" I smiled and turned to face the woman smiling, Demi lent in and put her arm around my waist, sending tingles down my side. The photo was taken and Demi turned back to me. 

        "I love your hair hun, its a great colour"

        "Thanks I like yours too"

        "Thank you that's very kind"

        "I just wanted to say thank you as well" 

        "What for hun?"

        "For saving my life, I have struggled with depression and self harm and stuff for a long time now and your music and story stopped me from killing myself" I admitted shyly, I was looking at my feet, fiddling with my zip again, I never liked talking about my struggles but I needed to tell her. I glanced up to see her eyes filling with tears.

        "Excuse me can you move on please, there are plenty of others that want to meet Demi too" said her bodyguard from the left making me flinch and feel embarrassed. I started apologizing to everyone and started moving off, when Demi grabbed my wrist softly.

        "No, I am talking to her, if the others are my true Lovatics they will wait patiently!" she said making her bodyguard raise his hands and back away a few steps. I couldn't understand why she would want to talk to me more, I was just looking back at her shocked.

        "I am sorry about that darling, he was rude"

        "No no no, its fine really, but you don't have to talk to me."

        "I wanted to tell you how strong you are and that you where the one who saved your life, not me, you should be so proud of yourself and you can get through all of this believe me ok, you are so brave."  My eyes where filling with tears now, great I said no crying.