Chapter 9 - Xanders p.o.v

I groaned, putting my face in my hands. I was so tired that I felt like just going home, going to bed, and not waking up till I felt well rested. Instead, I reached over to the phone and dialed my assistants number.

"Sir?" Lydia, my assistant, said with her unusually squeaky and annoying voice.

"Run across the street and get me a coffee." I said, leaking as much annoyance as I could into my voice. I really need to get an assistant whose voice doesn't make me want to shove knives in my ears.

I hung the phone up fast, not waiting for her to reply. I glanced back down at the paperwork strolled across my desk. Honestly, I thought it was bullshit. The company trying to pose a deal with me is known for screwing people over, and I sure as hell wasn't about to fall into their victim pool.

As soon as I grabbed the papers to shred them, my door flung open. For half a second, I imagined Amelia storming in here, throwing one of her usual tantrums. Quickly clearing the image out of my mind, I looked up, raising an eyebrow at who was in front of me.

Madeline stood in the middle of my office with a smirk on her face. In her hand she had my coffee, the one my assistant was supposed to have. As if on cue, my assistant rushed in, stopping just a little ways in.

"I'm sorry, sir," She said, putting her hands behind her back. "I told her she had to wait for me to call and inform you she was here, but she just grabbed the coffee out of my hand and began walking here."

"Thank you, Lydia," I said in a dismissive way, sliding my eyes back to Madeline.

As she walked out, I sat the papers back down. The smirk on Madelines face grew wider, and she began slowly making her way to my desk in a teasing manner. Today, her bleach blonde hair was curled, and she had on a skin tight, button up dress.

When she reached the front of my desk, she sat the long forgotten coffee down, turning to walk around my desk. With every step she took, a button on her dress came undone. Soon she was standing in front of me, and I watched as the dress slid down her shoulders, revealing milky white skin. My gaze wandered over her breasts, taking in the black lace bra that barely cupped her boobs.

I slid my gaze lower, past her matching black laced underwear, down her long, sexy legs. Normally there'd be a reaction by now, but there wasn't. It was like I didn't find her desirable anymore.

"I missed you," she murmured, straddling my legs.

I looked up at her, reaching my hand up to her waist. I pulled her down and forward, catching her mouth with mine. She let out a moan, and this time I was extremely surprised when I still got no reaction. I felt her hand slide down my chest, and before she could reach my pants, I grabbed her hand, pulling it back up.

"What's wrong?" She asked, pulling back.

I shrugged. "Nothing. Just not in the mood."

She nodded her head reaching for my pants again.

"Well let me help you. You know this happens sometimes when you get too stressed. Relax, baby."

I don't think stress was the reason I was distracted. A familiar face with brown hair and a kind smile popped up in my mind. Madeline began unbuttoning my pants, but I stopped her again. That seemed to anger her, and she stood up.

"What? Do you not want me?" She asked.

When I didn't answer she scoffed, bending down to pick up her dress.

"You're an ass!" She hissed.

"So I've heard. Maybe some other time, darlin."

She glared daggers at me while she buttoned up her dress, but I ignored her, standing up to fix my suit. After a second she was done, and she began walking out before stopping. Turning around, she began to walk back to my desk, grabbing the now cold coffee off of it.