Chapter 55||You cant take their bond away...

"I'll admit, I have a fatal flaw.
I fell in love with you."
Sarah Doughty

▲▲▲

"She's still in labour" Nicole sighed as she came out into the hallway where I was seated with her family and Colby unfortunately

We had been here ever since we flew in hours before, I mean I was kind of happy that she had been in labour so long. That way Brie could have everyone here that needed to be but I knew it was taking forever at this point too.

"I have to go back in cause they're going to do a C-section soon" She breath after going into some details with Kathy.

I stood up and moved towards her and she immediately hugged me. "I love you, Orton. But we are definitely holding off on the little vipers for now. I am kind of overwhelmed"

I chuckled and nodded as she had been in the delivery room with John and having witnessed my Alanna being brought into this world I knew how the screams could affect you. I kissed her forehead before letting her go as she ran down the hallway once again.

"Okay, I'm going for a coffee run. Anyone want anything?" I questioned and saw Colby jump up.

"I'll head with you. I'm very picky about how I take mine"

"You act as if I would have actually gotten you one" I rolled my eyes and entered the elevator followed by him. "Remind me why you are here again?"

"Because I'm family whether you like it or not." He shrugged seeming annoyed with my reaction when he knew there was no love lost between us.

"Just not in the way you want huh?" I questioned before I could stop myself.

While Hunter hadn't exactly been honest with me as of late, having seen the relationship between Colby and Nicole his words were definitely plausible. And unlike Hunter I wouldn't go ignoring him, while Nicole had left Hunter for me I knew very well that Colby was probably there being the good little best friend encouraging her to do it. So who knew what he could do when it came to me...

"What is that supposed to mean?"

I left the elevator and didn't bother answering him, partially because I had told myself I would keep peace to prevent any arguments with Nicole. And bringing up his apparent crush would just add fuel to a fire that had never been extinguished.

"Look I get it, you hate my guts. But tonight aint about us and we both know it so can you cut back on the remarks, get coffee with me and we can play house until that baby is born."

"No no no.. I am playing house. You can't come in here and try to be the better man when being civil was already my intention" I shook my head before ordering my coffee while he laughed out.