Chapter 18: Adopt Kris

Inside the class...

Ayala clutched her chest as she felt a sudden sharp sensation at her heart. She blinked in shock as another hard yank throbbed through her chest, more forceful than the last. The first thing she thought was Kris.

Worried, she immediately raised her hand and said, "Excuse me teacher Maya! Teacher!"

"What is it, Ayala?"

She stood up, "Teacher, may I go out? It's an emergency."

"Before you can go –"

Ayala paid no heed as she strides towards the door.

"P-Please, wait!" Her teacher pleaded but Ayala continued as Gael and Nika followed.

Her teacher was afraid of Ayala's parents.

No.

Everyone who knew Ayala's parents were afraid of them. No one's going to mess with Ayala. If someone dares to touch her, they should be prepared of their wrath.

Ayala opened the door and stopped as she faced her friends, "Uhm... Nika... Gael... You should stay here."

Nika tilted her head as her hands were on her hip, "Ayala, you can't go out alone."

"My sister is right. You know... Many people hate your parents. They may use you as bait." Gael explained but Ayala insisted.

"You don't have to worry about me..." She paused as she turned her heels, ready to leave.

"They're the ones to be worried of themselves." She said as her back still facing at them before she ran away.

Confusion plastered on their face as they could not comprehend her words. She's supposedly the one to be worried about herself but why she's so confident to go out alone?

That remains a mystery for them.

♦ ♦ ♦

"So there's a new sack of shit in here."

Franko flinched as he heard those words. Sack of shit is a huge insult that he spat from his mouth which was directed at the back of his master. Then he guiltily glanced at Kris who's still sitting firmly.

"Christoph, you're just too early."

"Well, the sooner the better."

Barbara shook her head in utmost disappointment.

She crossed her arms under her chest, "Where're the greetings? You come here just to insult this young man? You should be ashamed of yourself, Christoph!"