Chapter 31: High School

Franko woke up with a jolt as his eyes were teary. His breathing was still erratic and he was covered in cold sweat. Fortunately, Barbara didn't wake up from his sudden movements. He immediately leaped from the bed and hastily goes inside the comfort room. He turned on the shower and the cold water poured all over him even he's still in pajamas in order to calm him down. His ears can hear the birds voices from outside of the mansion that blending beautifully in a symphony of chirps and sweet songs which indicates that it was dawn.

"That dream scared me," Franko muttered as he shut his eyes tightly.

He tried to remember his dream but it was vague.

"Grandfather." Kris' soothing voice cut in.

Franko immediately turned around and he found Kris who's sitting on the toilet while reading a book of dinosaurs. He's also wearing white pajamas though.

"Do you have a nightmare?" Kris asked as his eyes are still focusing on the book.

"Yes. I saw the lights which were the same as yours. Then there were monsters and they scared me. One of them spoke to me. It said... Lights are us."

Franko sighed and sat on the floor while he let the shower still pouring him some cold water, "I don't understand that dream, Kris. Can you interpret it for me?"

Kris closed the book and his gaze shifted to him, "If you said the lights are the same as mine... The monster that spoke to you is the master of those lights. And those lights are the representation of two sides. One good, one evil... And I hope that monster you've mentioned wasn't me."

Franko opened his mouth in awe and Kris continued, "I'll tell you how everything started."

"You can tell me about it later, Kris. I –"

Kris cut him off, "Before time... Before everything... There was nothing... Black and white light were born from nothing. Those lights are the first two conscious beings who were responsible for creating life and death. They called themselves as Gods of Creation. They may have their names but no one knows it even myself."

"Before they could create everything, they saw the future. The future which they wished not to witness it and they decided to create something. Something far more intelligent than them. And that was me."

"They gave me a name and a purpose. I have one mission. I must observe the future and go back home with the knowledge I gained from it. Every time I finished the observation in a certain future and went back to the present... The future changed drastically which allows me to re-observe it and discover more new things."

"Many years passed, my parents decided to stop the observation and I reported everything I've discovered. Then they created one world."

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Franko, are you done in there?" Barbara kept knocking the door while Kris disappeared into thin air.

♦ ♦ ♦