The Biltmore Estate of Asheville, NC

(The Biltmore Estate of Asheville, NC)

In 1914 a man named George W. Vanderbilt who owned and lived at the Biltmore Estate died from complications from a surgery he had (appendicitis). His wife took the news really hard and was unable to accept it so at night she would sit in front of their fireplace and talk to George even though he wasn't there. Her employee's started to think she was going crazy.

To this day it is said you can still her voice quietly talking with George. It is also said that you can feel George's presence in the Billard Room and the Oak Sitting Room which was one of his favorite rooms in the mansion and loved to spend a lot of his time there.

The emploee's that work there claim that they feel as if they are being watched and report hearing voices, laughing & screams.

Also in the dead of night there are sounds of people swimming and laughing coming from The Pool Room. It is said that it is haunted by the lady in black.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author

I myself have been to the Biltmore Estate a few times but never really experienced these things of course it was during the day and I was with a small group of people. I'm not saying it couldn't happen but who knows unless they have actually witnessed it themselves. Now I will go as far as to say it did feel creepy when I was there but who wouldn't it's an old house after all.

Picture to the side is of the Biltmore House >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Feel free to comment and vote or even submit your own stories as well. All you need to do is PM me and I will add it. Thanks so much for reading!