Alcatraz Prison Haunting

(Alcatraz Prison Haunting)

Everyone knows the story of Alcatraz but if you don't allow me to fill you in. A long time ago like the late 1850's there was a prison built on island that was surrounded by nothing but water. It was is called Alcatraz Prison. AKA "The Rock"

Some of you may know of it from the Clint Eastwood movie "Escape From Alcatraz" but if not watch it, because it good.

Anyway back to the story. This prison was was made for the most dangerous of prisoners in hopes to break their rebellion. There was no special treatment there like what goes on in some prisons and this prison was said to be the one and only prison that no one could ever escape from. But they were wrong of course because Frank Lee Morris did it. Just a little bit of trivia for you.

There were lot's of inhumane things that took place there like torture and prisoners going insane due to long periods of time in solitude and confined in complete darkness. I'm sure you could find out lots  more if you looked it up but I'm just covering the basics.

Sometime later like 1963 the prison was closed down due to the inability to keep it up. It was costing them to much money and resources apparently but later reopened  by parks services to allow tours of the prison.

On to the paranormal now-

During some of these tours people have said to of witnessed many things. Many people claim the utility corridor has the highest amount of paranormal activity which is where three inmates were plowed down with bullets after a failed prison escape. A night security guard claimed he heard unexplained clinging coming from the inside.

Another place is in cell14D where one prisoner locked inside, screamed throughout the night that a creature with glowing eyes was trying to kill him. The next day the prisoner was found strangled to death in his cell. During a head count that day the guards said they counted one to many heads and admitted they saw the dead prisoner with the other inmates.

There are many other stories about happenings in this prison from hearing banjo music from one of the inmates who played there along with screams of pain and smelling smoke but finding no fire. I'm sure if you dug into it you would find out a lot  more but this is all I've come up with.

Are these things just the minds imagination or paranoia. who knows? Only the people who have witnessed theses things could say for sure. I hope you have enjoyed my tale of Alcatraz and feel free to leave comments of your own or vote, all is welcome. Until next time stay safe from the strange and unexplained.