Search Party's First Sighting

Hatchet was a kid again. And he was walking down by a very familiar riverside, kicking a few stones as he did so. He knew that up ahead were homes that held very rich people, and he felt obviously very out of place there. And yet there he was, going to that place to meet a brother of his because he was finishing off a job soon and wanted to mess around with Hatchet when he was done. Climbing a small hill as a sort of short cut Hatchet found himself in a host of high priced looking houses and a couple of streets leading to various areas. The one that interested him the most was the middle, more central looking street. A quick jog led to the place that was his destination, where a small, almost lean looking kid, leaning on a brick wall.

"Finally!" His brother said "What kept ya?"

"Hey Tane!" Hatchet said "Just had to do something for mom."

Tane snorted. Hatchet rolling his eyes, knowing what his brother was thinking about him and the two of them were off as quickly as Hatchet came, soon enough they saw the streets filled with parents and their kids. Eventually Hatchet and Tane ran past what looked like a smaller looking kid. A very small kid to be exact, and he seemed to be huddled on the stares of what Hatchet assumed to be the kid's house. He scratched at his messy, shaggy hair and walked up to the kid, although he didn't seem to know why, Tane hanging back and observing.

"Hey, what's up kid?" He asked

The kid jumped up in surprise when Hatchet spoke. It was then when Hatchet noticed that the kid was bearing a pretty baggy sweater and was quite nervous when being spoken to.

"Chris McLean! Come in here right now!" A voice of a woman came from the house, which he assumed to be the mom of the kid, and she sounded legitimately angry for whatever reason.

The kid scrambled up and ran into the house, leaving a quite confused and worried Hatchet standing at the foot of the stairs blinking before he went back to his brother.

"What was that about?" Tane asked, a tone of worry in his voice.

"Dunno." Hatchet answered, matching his brother's tone.

That's when a very smug sounding voice got him quickly back to reality.

"And you said I needed my beauty sleep." Chris said with a mocking tone.

"Oh shut up." Hatchet snapped at him, getting up as he spoke.

Thinking over the flashback of a dream and how it made no sense for him to be remembering about that now. Nothing that he remembered talking to with Chris would have brought it up, especially something so vivid he could practically touch his brother. The campsite still had those unexpected campers that somehow managed to get onto the island, Chris McLean made his way towards what looked like to be the breakfast for the day. Oatmeal it smelled like, so something pretty basic to Hatchet. He stretched up and made his way to follow Chris for something to eat. Topher started to ramble on about something to Chris, who wanted nothing to do with it. Beardo was beat boxing off to the side of the camp, Max was looking over and potentially tinkering with some sort of contraption and Shawn was eating an apple in a tree. Hatchet still wanted to send the four of them home, but had the funny feeling that Chris wanted to keep them around to help out in search of the Bear. The last thing that should happen to be honest, as something can clearly go wrong at one point for whatever reason. Nothing about this seemed right about it, not one bit. That Bear was a wild card to say the least. Shoveling some of the basic tasting, if bland oatmeal, Hatchet heard Chris clear his throat to make an announcement to the five other people at the camp.

"Campers. Hatchet. I have something to say!" He announced "You four are gonna help me and Hatchet here with something."

"Wait a second!" Hatchet protested, coughing up a little bit of his meal. "I did NOT agree to this!"