Team Freak

Everyone turns and starts staring at me. Then Carly spoke up.

"Um Katherine, I think that's a great idea! Does anyone object?"

Everyone shakes their heads. I feel really good now! At school no one ever likes my ideas, but I have a feeling this year will be different. Not because my team liked my idea or the fact that we are trying to get revenge on Violet, but just because of the team itself.

After Carly concludes the meeting we all pack up and leave. I call my mom and tell her to come pick me up. When I get off the phone I look over at Mike and see him staring at me. His cheeks grow red and he quickly turns and looks away. Does he like me? I don't know but whatever that was it was weird.

"Hey mom," I say as I get into the car, "can we go to the dollar store real quick I need to pick up a few things"

"Sure honey I'll take you but I'm not buying your stuff for you, understand?"

"Yup" I say as I turn up the car radio. My favorite song has just come on it's Here's to Never Growing Up by Avril Lavigne I start to sing along.

Singing radio head at the top of our lungs

with the boom box blaring as we're falling in love

Got a bottle of whatever but it's getting us drunk

Singing here's to never growing up!

As soon as I sing the last verse we pull into the dollar store.

"Nice signing Katherine" my mom says with a smile

I blush and quickly head into the store.