Chapter 13

Tempest, Derrick and Stephanie were on their way out of the restaurant, when Tempest happened to look around and saw Boyd Simpson sitting in the very back, talking on his cell phone. For a brief moment, their eyes locked. She sneered her nose up at him. What the hell is that asshole looking at? Tempest thought to herself. 

Stephanie saw where Tempest was looking and asked her what was wrong. "That's Boyd Simpson. The weasel of a man Mom had calling my house the other day."

"Didn't Derrick kick his ass?"

"Yup! I'm tempted to go over and do it again myself," Tempest said.

"I'm with you on that."

Tempest was just about to turn around but looked back in Boyd's direction with a quizzical look on her face before turning back to her sister. "Sis, I've had a bad feeling all night. Something ain't right. I didn't want to say anything earlier, but something is wrong."

Stephanie frowned. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know. I just have a bad feeling is all."

"You think ass wipe over there has something to do with it?"

Tempest shrugged. "I wouldn't put anything past him or Mom. Steph, I don't know what it is, but I got a bad feeling something is going on. A really bad feeling," Tempest said with a frown.

Stephanie thought her sister may be just imagining things. She didn't understand what could make Tempest so worried. Rita had what she wanted, why would she feel the need to show her face?

Derrick looked over at his sisters and wondered what could have them frowning so hard.

"Hey, what's got you two looking all ugly in the face about?" Derrick asked jokingly.

"Boy, shut up," Stephanie said, rolling her eyes.

Tempest shook her head at Derrick and Stephanie. "Dee, look to your left at the back of the restaurant," Tempest said as she pointed in Boyd's direction.

Derrick did as she asked and saw Boyd talking animatedly on the phone. "I see his lip and face is healing pretty nicely," Derrick said, laughing.

Derrick had beat Boyd senseless for the stunt he'd pulled on his sister. The dude was a douchebag and he wasn't going to allow the man to pick on his sister, law be damned. It had to have taken more than a couple of stitches to pull his busted lip back together. There was no way that it would have without them. His face, on the other hand, was more of an improvement. Boyd wasn't exactly what most women would consider handsome, or even cute, for that matter.

"Boy, behave. Anyway, Temp is suspicious of Mom and your best friend back there. I think it's nothing to be worried about, but little sis has a bad feeling about it."

"What's up, Tee?" Derrick asked, frowning. He of all people knew when Tempest Davis said she had a bad feeling about something, she was almost always right.

"I don't know. From the moment I walked into this place, I felt like someone was watching us, almost like they were focusing on us. Then I see Boyd. Coincidence? Yeah, I don't think so. Whatever is going on, I know without a doubt in my mind Rita Davis is going to blow a gasket when she finds out Dad and Mel are really going to try dating. Her little informant had the best seat in the house."

"Tempest, maybe it's nothing. Honestly, I don't think Mom's stupid enough to try anything. And if Boyd is smart, he'll walk away if she asks him to do anything towards anyone in this family," Derrick said as he continued to stare over at Boyd.