Chapter 1: A Pact Then?

Washington was silent as there were no humans in sight, but was a forgotten battlefield, and inside the torn down building of what was left of the White House. A woman coughs as she reach out, gripping the bars and pulls her, she kept her face covered and looks around at the field.

But then heard groaning behind her and then she looks down, kneels, offering her hand to the person and then pulls her out, the other woman kept her face covered as well as she leans against her friend, coughing and letting out ragged breathing. They both staggered forward, keeping their faces covered as the other woman, went to fall, but her friend catches her and helps her stand and continue to stagger forward.

They step over rocks and rubble, past the torn up fences and the dead cars, then finally came to a stop as they both looked out at the water in front of them. The other woman pulls herself off her friend and they pulled off their hoods and drop to their knees.

The two women revealed that they were in fact, Alice and Annabelle, they both breathed heavily as they looked at the water as the thrust for water was too much to bare. Alice uses one hand as Annabelle uses both of her hands and took handfuls of water. But then suddenly a bloated zombie jumps out of the water and attacks Alice, making Alice jumps to the side in shock as Alice falls onto her back and held the creature at bay.

But then Annabelle shot out her hand, raising the monster up, giving Alice time to pull away then Annabelle stood to her feet, slamming her hand down violently, making the zombie slam to the ground violently and then she shot her hand back out to the water and the zombie went falling back and skids along the water and sinks back in.

Annabelle pants as she staggers and went to fall, but Alice scrambles back to her feet and catches her, she looks at Annabelle and she just nods at her, then Alice pulls her arm over her shoulders and helps her walk away from the water.

They walk for hours as they reach a sheltered torn down building and step inside. Annabelle nods at her and Alice lets her go they both looked around the room and at the racks and marches over to them and they both check the shelves. They were mostly empty. The crates, the boxes, the clips, ammunition, guns and food. Were all gone. Annabelle growls as she kicks one of the crates and covers her face. Alice places her hand on her shoulder and Annabelle looks at her and sighs.

But then the rumble in front of them started to shake. The both look over and then slowly began to step back, it shook again and then they step two more steps back. Then the rumbles broke loose and out came a huge mutated dragonfly. "Run!" Annabelle shouts and they both ran out of the building and to the jeep. They both were on each side of the doors and looked over at the shelter and saw that the wall were busted through as the monster flew out. Alice ducks as Annabelle held up her arms, stopping the rubble from touching them.

She then growls and threw them at the creature, but he just dodges, they both then got in the jeep and Alice started the jeep up, but the engine refuses to roar. "Come on!" Alice mutters then looks out to see the creature flying towards them. Annabelle pulls back and slams her hands on the counsel. "Work, work, work!" she shouts. It came closer and closer. But Alice then stars the jeep right up as the engine roars and she then pulls in reverse and drove backwards. Then she pulls up the E brake and makes a backwards you turn, as the creature smacks against the Semi truck. Annabelle jerks a little but had her feet pressed against Alice's chair and she pants as Alice just smirks.

She then releases the E brakes, turns the other way around and drive away, Annabelle pulls her feet back and looks out behind them, seeing that creature was following them, then she looks down in the backseat. "Alice." she calls out, the driver looks at her then at the back seat. "C4." Annabelle states and then reaches for them. Alice looks back at the road as Annabelle was inches away from the pin, but then they both gasp as it's tail grips onto the roof of the roof. Annabelle shot back in her seat as her back was pressed against the door as she looks up. It flaps it wings and then lifted the jeep off the ground. Annabelle growls as she shot her hand towards the roof, making it break off and sent the creature and the jeep hits the ground, making the two grunt. The thing threw the roof to the side and chase after them. Annabelle lifted her hand up and made huge rumble float in the air and she then grunts as she sent them flying towards creature. It dodges them and she then reaches back towards the bombs.