Self harm quotes

"My scars are fading and I feel lost without them"

"If self harm was for attention we'd do it in front of your face.

We wouldn't barricade our bedroom door, lock the bathroom door, cover it with long sleeves, do it in places no one would think of looking, look so ashamed when you ask to see it, be so socially aware of ourselves, be laughing one second and go silent the next, keep everything away from you if it was for 'attention'

It just so happens, you found out, probably by accident, don't get involved"

"Hush little baby,

Don't you cry,

Don't cut your arms,

Don't say goodbye

Put down that razor

Put down that knife

It may be hard

But you'll win this fight"

"You probably don't understand,

Most people don't

You will never understand

How much anger

How much hatred

Someone must have

To take a blade to themselves

And cut into their own skin"

"People don't take self harmers seriously. They don't realise how much pain they're in. In fact they underestimate how much pain they're in. Don't you realise how much pain someone must be in to drag a blade across their skin? Don't you realise how miserable someone must be to lock themselves away somewhere and burn themselves? Don't you realise how cheerless someone must be to raise their hand in the air and slam it against their body, time and time again until they are covered in bruises? No you don't. You shouldn't joke about things like that. You shouldn't overlook people who do that to themselves. In fact you should help them, they are obviously in so much pain. Don't tell them to do it. Don't say it doesn't mean anything. They do it as a releases for that moment they forget their problems, everything, all they can focus on is inflicting the pain. It's terrible, saddening, it's scary.. it's self harm. Those two words. Self harm, they're really quite powerful if you really go into it. They are so miserable that they turn to harming themselves to get away from it. It's no joke, so don't treat it as one."

"Ripped apart, limb by limb, shattering bones, heart caving in.

Self mutilation, scar after scar, empty and hollow work like tar."