Chapter 1: Not so Ordinary

Humming a made-up tune in a lively tone, the little boy makes the early morning ride cheerful. The other two passengers along with him were also in high spirits since today is somewhat special.

Glancing at the rear view mirror while maintaining focus on the road, Eiichirou proudly smiles as he sees his two sons neatly dressed in their uniforms. He had ironed their clothes yesterday in preparation for this day. In addition, he bought new school bags and shoes for them. Then finally, he woke up extra early today to make them a nutritional breakfast and a filling lunch for them to eat later.

He never fails to give dedication and time to his two sons.

The patriarch always looked forward to his sons' first day of school. As it is a milestone in life for the boys themselves, it's also a milestone for Eiichirou to see them advance every year.

For his first son, Kai, it's his first day as a second year in high school. He wore his school's traditional yellow blazer (that Eiichirou thinks is ugly and never admitted it).

Being at this stage of adolescence, Eiichirou wondered when the teenager will start bringing home girls. It would be impossible for Kai not to get a girlfriend when he inherited with what Eiichirou calls 'Magical Genes'.

"Nii-chan, you'll never have a girlfriend if you continue to wear that yellow blazer." And of course the precocious youngest son manages to say whatever Eiichirou has on his mind. This man would always find himself in astonishment with how much his second son thinks alike as him.

Taken aback from the sudden tease that came out of nowhere, Kai turned to his brother who sits beside him in the back passenger seat. It isn't the first time that the little boy brought out the topic of girlfriends. And it surely ain't the last.

For the uncalled insult, Kai wanted to get back at his little brother. "Oh, I suddenly remembered a time when a certain boy cried at the gates of a kindergarten for hours because he didn't want to be left alone. Isn't that right, Jun?" He said in a playful matter. It wasn't anything serious, just fooling around like usual. Kai would never really hurt his precious little sibling.

Jun begins his first day as a 3rd grader, wearing casual clothes but with style. An olive green jacket with a plain white shirt underneath, accompanied with black jeans and matching olive green high cut shoes. It's going to be his first day in a new school.

With half-lidded eyes, he stared at his brother with an apathetic expression. Jun didn't really feel embarrassed about that memory.

"It's normal." The boy responded nonchalantly with a bit of haughty tone, a smirk spreading across his lips as he glances towards Kai's direction.

"This kid!" With a grin and chuckle, Kai wrapped his arm around Jun and messed with the boy's raven hair jokingly. The little boy laughed as this goes on, enjoying the playful moment. For Jun, it only felt like a warm embrace.

"Hey, hey. Kai, you better fix Jun's hair. We're almost there at his school." Eiichirou's authoritative but gentle tone halted the two brothers in their seats, knowing better to follow his command.