two

chapter two (or as i like to call it: the one where things are introduced into the plot)

— [name]

❀ ❀ ❀ 

chapter two starts with me describing the ordinary first day i've been wanting so bad.

and oh boy! it's a thriller!

after an uneventful entrance ceremony, i sit in my homeroom classroom. i barely say a single word as the rest of the school day passes. i stand up to go home. then i walk home only to stop myself in front of a convenience store to think back on my day. all that pops up into my head is this: excuse me what

i thought being an ordinary girl—the most ordinary girl in my school would mean that i have a few friends?? y'know? those peeps that i supposedly have? i guess it's too selfish of me to ask someone to acknowledge my existence because literally everyone ignored me throughout this cursed day. and it's not the kind of ignoring where they ostracize you. oh no. this form of ignoring is treating me like air ignoring. no "excuse me" when i bumped into people, no "bless you" when i sneezed, no nothing. it takes at least a strongly voiced "hey!" to get someone to notice that i'm not a blank spot. it got so bad that my teacher skipped over me while we're doing our introductions. she skipped over me. i don't believe i was the type of student to speak out during class but i was forced to be when i had to literally remind my teacher of my existence.

after i said some stuff like "it is nice to meet you" and "please be patient with me because i currently have amnesia", someone had the audacity to whisper "did we get a transfer student?". i least i have an excuse for not remembering all of your ugly mugs. my classmates do not have the right to say that i'm a transfer student! urgh! i'm really pissed off about it if you haven't noticed.

i guess that whole introduction thing is the most eventful part of my day. which is sad, because only sad people can say that the most exciting part of their day are the introductions. not the class karaoke bonding tonight or whatever else i could possibly being doing this fine day. nope. nada. all that makes me go hahaha are all the funny jokes that i'm experiencing for the first time on the internet and the sweet thing that we call sleep.

the next morning, the birds are chirping, the air is shining, and the tittering of blah blah blah blah you know what i'm going to say. i don't care. then again, maybe i should. i say this because my mom pops into the bathroom while i'm brushing my teeth to wish me a happy first day of classes.

cue spit take, rushed gargling, and pointed stare. "mom, today is my second day of classes," i say. her laugh sounds like ringing bells. "you silly! look on the calendar! today is [date], which means it's my little girl's first day of classes!" she pinches my cheeks and leaves.

i check my phone's calendar.

holy shit, it is [date].

uneventful entrance ceremony. teacher doesn't remember me. lack of conversation. no one invites me to the class karaoke. i scour the same internet.

the next day, my mom pops into the bathroom to wish me a happy first day of my second year.

thinking that this can't be actually happening, i go to school and do everything all over again.

the next day, my mom pops into the bathroom to wish me a happy first day of my second year.

i decide to skip school today. i stay cuddled in my blanket after faking illness. i spend my time going over videos from yotubers i'm subscribed to. after a long marathon watching what i guess to be my absolute favorite, i nod off into a peaceful sleep.