Chapter 6

As the night wore on and as Yoongi patched Taehyung up, he noticed something about the other.

His eyes would dart and breath come heavy. He seemed to be constantly on edge— panicked. And when he opened his mouth, he always seemed to try warning Yoongi about something, but could never quite get it out. His mask was slipping, quickly, and revealing a more raw side of Taehyung that Yoongi thought he would never see again.

But, for some reason, it made him nervous.

"Hyung, stop," Taehyung suddenly stated.

Yoongi sighed, exasperated by the younger's jostling and constant attitude.

"Seriously, Tae. If you don't stop moving, I'm just going to let you bleed out. I don't give a shit whether it hurts or not, you're going to have to suck it up. I'm trying to stop the bleeding," Yoongi growled, frustrated.

"No, Hyung," The younger suddenly stated firmly, gently pushing Yoongi away. The older was about break and start demanding why he came if he didn't want help, however, he froze when he saw Taehyung's pleading eyes. "Grab the tranquilizer."

That stunned Yoongi into a shocked silence. Because how had Taehyung noticed the tranquilizer out of everything? And why? However, the look Taehyung was giving him made him feel cold— like something was creeping up on him. And so he listened, grabbing his tranquilizer that was resting on the farthest counter.

"Kim Taehyung... What the hell is going on? Why... Why are you acting so strange? I know people are already weird these days, but this is just..." Yoongi said, but slowly trailed off when he saw Taehyung's pleading gaze falter, turn into a panicked one, then go blank.

Then the silence stretched on, and Taehyung's eyes closed, mouth frozen in a wince. His chest was rising and falling, beginning to do so rapidly once more. Then he shuttered, and paused for a bit longer.

Yoongi had no clue what to do as he watched closely, deciding to call his name gently— hand clutching his tranquilizer tightly. Then something seemed to snap and Taehyung's eyes flew open, looking around, and then slowly traveling to meet the older's gaze.

But instead of the desperate gaze Yoongi had come to know, he saw something drastically different. It was as if Taehyung was no longer himself, cold, murderous eyes boring into the soul of the other. A gaze without a care. A hungry gaze.

Yoongi took a step back— stunned and confused.

"Taehyung?" He called again, but this time in a warning tone.

The smile the younger was giving him sent a shiver down his spine. It was foreboding.
And it was then Seokjin's words came back to him:

"Yoongi, I hate to say it but those two aren't innocent anymore. They're killers... Just like the rest of us. They're probably fine."

Why was he normally right? Especially about the worst things?

However, what Taehyung said next shocked Yoongi.

"Your Taehyung's not here at the moment... Sucks to be alone, now doesn't it Yoongi? I've been wanting to tear into you for a long time..."

After that, Yoongi didn't hesitate to lift the tranquilizer and shoot it at the other. He watched the foreign Taehyung's eyes widen for a brief moment before they rolled into the back of his head and he crumpled in place.

Shaken— Yoongi stared at the fallen body for a few moments, trying to digest what'd just happened. Taehyung's words repeated over and over again in his head, causing his hands to shake slightly as his eyes narrowed in confusion.

How could someone just switch like that? Is that what Taehyung was trying to warn him about? Could he feel... Whatever that was... Coming?

Yoongi's head spun as his body automatically moved to his work area, hands grabbing at the special pair of handcuffs he'd made and a pack of tranquilizer darts.

With that, he slowly walked back towards Taehyung, evidently afraid that the younger would suddenly wake up and attack him.

When he'd gathered up the courage and placed the handcuffs on him, he grabbed his tranquilizer gun once more and kept it by his side while he let himself slip into analyzing thoughts. There seemed to be only one answer for this type of behavior, as Yoongi studied the unconscious figure. And it would explain all of the sudden crazy actions.

"I need to talk to Mitsuo..."