Skittle Love

Chapter 4

Ariana's Pov

The weekend passed by in a blur and now it was Monday. Oh how I hate Mondays! "Ari!" Someone shouted. I got tackled by Sky and Hailey... "Hey Girls!" I greeted. "Fill us in!" Sky said. "About?" I questioned. "How was the rehearsal?" Hailey got straight to the point. Oh now I remember! "You girls are so dead!" I shouted and pounced on the both of them. "Ahh!" They screamed and both of them managed to squirm out of my grasp.

"Run!" Sky shouted. They ran for their lives but I was the fastest. Just then, I hit someone and I fell backwards. "Watch where you're going loser!" Jennifer sneered. Jennifer Dawson, queen of the school, loves to hate on people blah blah blah... Typical blonde bimbo! "You suck! Bleh! Go drown in your make up won't ya?" I wanted to say but I didn't. Instead I said "Sorry." and attempted to run away. I'm such a wimp! But no, they did not let me off.

"Hey! Loser! You hit ME and you think an apology is enough? Your germs got all over my clothes!" Jennifer huffed and swept "dust" off her shoulders. "Yeah! You deserve a punishment!" One of Jennifer's followers, Stella said. Adeline, another one of Jennifer's minions pushed me to the floor and kicked my bag. "Hey! Stop it!" Sky shouted. The both of them had seen what had happened and were trying to help me but you could see they were also scared out of their wits.

"Oh? And what are you two going to do?" Jennifer smirked and blew her red painted nails. Sky and Hailey looked at me in despair and I just motioned to them to leave before Jennifer and her clique decides to hurt them too. Hailey shook her head but I glared at them and pointed down the hallway. They then ran and disappeared around the corner. "Now... Where were we?" Jennifer said before stepping on my shoe. I tried to pull my leg back but Stella and Adeline were holding onto me tightly.

Jennifer then started to slap me and call me names. With every slap I could feel more anger boiling inside of me. "What do you think you're doing?" a voice said from behind me. "Joshie!" Jennifer immediately turned into a nice sweet "angel" and smiled sweetly. I was expecting Josh to just endorse her but no... He just gave her a look of disgust and said "Jennifer. Get your plastic face and Barbie dolls out of my sight before I get mad." Josh sounded so. Mad.

"Wha- Why?" Jennifer gasped. "GO!" he shouted and the three stooges scampered away. His expression softened and he bent down. "You ok?" Josh asked. "Yes." I replied monotonously and pushed myself up "Bye." I continued. "Aww come on skittles! I just saved you! I was on a white horse!" Josh laughed. "Ugh! I'm not called skittles! JERKPID!" I shouted, throwing my hands up in the air in exasperation before stomping off to class.

I can't believe it! How much ego does he have? I was now in Math doodling on my notebook. I drew jerkpid and I. I was holding a sword and dressed like a ninja. BAM! POW! ZOOM! Ninja me battled Jerkpid and I won! "HELL YEAH!" I shouted. The whole class stared at me. "Umm... Hell yeah I did a math question right?" it sounded more like a question. Ugh please swallow me up now ground below me!

Finally the bell rang and I dashed out of class before my teacher could give me a detention slip. "HAILEY!" I shouted above the ruckus as I spotted the brunette with her starfish hair tie. Hailey spun around and looked around before her gaze landed on me. She broke into a smile and started pushing through the crowd and made her way to me. "Ari! Did you know? Did you know?" Hailey started jumping up and down. "What?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. "The musical has been decided!" She squealed and paused, waiting for my reaction.

I bet my eyes popped to twice the size and I opened and closed my mouth like a fish. "Sky is already there! Come on!" Hailey said and dragged me down the hall. "Ariana! Hailey!" Sky jumped up and down waving her hands. As we approached the poster, I squeezed through the gaps and stared.

'This year's musical has been decided! *drum roll* WICKED! Everyone had been asked to do an audition piece with a partner right? Well after that, everyone will be tested individually on their singing skills! Auditions start this Friday! Good luck!' The poster said.

"So... What song are you girls going to sing?" I asked. "Hmm... I'm thinking With Ur Love by Cher Lloyd?" Sky said. "I'll sing Call Me Maybe?" Hailey laughed. Those two girls were great singers and I'm just this potato. "No you're not!" Sky and Hailey protested. Huh? Oh no I thought it out loud. "You are great!" Hailey huffed. "Yeah that's why I'm sure you'll get the part!" Sky continued. "Fine I'll try... I know the perfect song!" I smiled. The three of us hooked our arms together and skipped out of school. Yes you guessed it. To get my skittles! "SLITTLES I'M COMING!" I shouted.