Chapter 12: Glory and Glamour

Jack ran full speed through the care, avoiding traps, dodging lasers, and looking good doing it. He bought himself a new sweater, and some black jogging pants. He was pretty happy to be out of the t-shirt and shorts he'd been wearing since he got there. Unfortunately, the sweater was two sizes too big, and had 'MTT' written across it with a heart behind it. He figured it would help with what he decided to call the 'Star Rise Showdown'. He stopped for a break and grabbed a water bottle that was on a conveniently placed table and drank the whole thing. He kept going after that.

  He remembered his death dash before his first meeting with Gaster. He called it the death dash, as he was on his way to death's doorstep. He remembered Toriel and the dogs, Toby and Callie. He remembered the skelebros. Undyne. Frisk. Sassy Chara. Alphys. The skelecousins. He remembered everything. He knew his journey's end was near. He wasn't upset; he knew that he was pretty close to finding Lacey. His thoughts were canceled out when he heard static coming from beyond a hide door. He heard a robot yelling. He didn't even have to guess who it was. All he knew was: Go through- "OKAY OKAY! Narrator, can you PLEASE let me talk!" He said, as everything fr- "I SAID CAN IT! Can you switch this to italics so we can have a conversation?" Alright alright, fine. Give me a sec.

——————

Okay. What do you want, Jack?

I'm about to face Mettaton. I'm wearing a ridiculous sweater, and I'm sweating bullets. Can you PLEASE let me talk?

Aright, aright! Fine! Jeez! Now leave me alone!

You have to let me narrate. If you don't, your fired. You can have your job back next chapter.

Fine! Now I have to speak in italics? Wow, Jack.

Okay, now be quiet and don't interrupt.

——————

  I walked in through the door, Courage filling me. I might've been determined to beat Mettaton's robot behind, but finding Lacey was my top priority. Mettaton first, Lacey second. Again, the lights were off. A spotlight turned on, revealing a chair, and I didn't have to guess who was in it. "Well well well. Well well welly well WELL!" Mettaton was sitting in it, a small puppy on his lap. "If it isn't Jack! Again! Darling, you are so determined! Ha ha! Just like Frisk!" He said, laughing. "Oh, I love your outfit by the way, darling! It's glamorous!" He exclaimed happily. I stared at him with a serious expression. "I'm not filled with Determination, buddy. I'm filled... with COURAGE! The courage to find my best friend! The courage to save her! And, most importantly, the courage to defeat you!" I was ready. Mettaton set the little puppy on the floor, and the dogs came to get her. They carried off the little puppy. Mettaton stood up, his hands on his hips. I was a little intimidated.

  "Alright. The fans want a show, right? So, LET'S GIVE THEM A SHOW!" He shouted. All the lights came on. I recognize a few of the audience members. Sans. Papyrus. Gaster. Toriel. Asgore. Undyne. Optima. Savoye. All the monsters I had met on my journey. "Alright, beauties and gentle beauties! This is the moment you've all been waiting for! Let's get this show," "WAAAAAAIT!" I heard Alphys scream. She rushed on stage, pulling another robot behind her. The audience went quiet. I was wondering what the heck is going on here? and then realized who she was. It was the same robot girl that was singing in the opera! "I remember you! Your that girl from the opera!" I shouted. She had long, jet black hair with pink on the tips, the left side of her face covered by her bangs, she had a pink coloured eye(I assumed the other was pink too), a black dress with a pink heart on it, and pink high heeled boots, like Mettaton. Mettaton blinked with disbelief.

  The girl looked like she was going to pass out. The audience waited for Mettaton's reaction. "Alphys, darling? Can we talk?" He said, darkly. He walked off stage, Alphys following. The girl and myself were the only ones left. I looked at her. "Stage fright?" I asked. She nodded tentatively. "Y-yeah..." I shrugged. "I've been there." She smiled. Mettaton came back looking calmer. Alphys was a little shaken. "A-Anyways, t-this is G-g-g-glory! She's Mettaton's c-co-host." Alphys stammered. Mettaton looked like he was about to blow a fuse. He managed to restrain himself, thank goodness. "Yes! This is Glory, and she is my co-host." Mettaton said excitedly, but I could tell he was being sarcastic. Glory made a little wave. "Uh... uhm... Hi, everybody! Erm..." She quickly looked down. Some of the guys in the audience, I noticed, looked at her dreamily. I heard multiple slaps and simultaneous 'ows'. I even thought I saw Optima blush slightly, but I dismissed the thought. 

  "Yes, yes, you've all met, darlings. Well, goodbye, Glory darling!" Mettaton said, pushing her backstage. "W-wait! I didn't even do anything yet!" Glory said, stopping herself from being moved any farther. She brushed part of her hair out of her face and stood tall. Mettaton was about a head taller than her. I was getting impatient. "Hey, are we gonna have a showdown or what?" I said. I was ready to dance. Mettaton shoved Glory("A-Ah!!" She screamed, thankfully Alphys caught her and helped her up. She muttered under her breath, and I thought I heard her called Mettaton an... well, the bad word version of butt, but I'm not allowed to say that), and looked at me triumphantly. "Well, darling! A showdown you shall have!" He got into a dancing mood.

  Anybody that knows me well knows that I can really bust a move(I pulled a leg muscle playing Dance Dance Revolution to avoid being shoved in a nearby locker in the 3rd grade!) whenever somebody plays a song I love. So, uh, yeah! Even with Mettaton trying to attack me, I danced out of the way. I feel he tried to kick me, I'd quickly Moonwalk out of the way. If he tried to spin into me to knock me over, I'd Electric Slide to avoid the tornado of pink, black, metal and circuits. I wasn't going down without a dance fight, so I did every dance move I could think of. I started getting warm so I threw off my sweater. I was wearing an MTT Brand T-Shirt(That was also too big for me) underneath my oversized sweater. I was starting to see Mettaton getting tired. "Is that all you've got, darling? 'Cause I'm not done yet!" He started coming at me again, and he actually hit me that time.

  I knew after that, I was going to have to do the kind of dances I absolutely HATED: Fortnite dances. I still used dance moves I already knew, though. I did the hype to move out of Mettaton's way more than once, but I didn't mind. It's one of the only ones I even liked. I slid, I shuffled, but, Mettaton didn't give up, until he finally did. The music stopped. Mettaton was... sweating? I didn't think robots even could sweat! "Is that -huff- truly all you've -puff- got, Darling?" He said, panting. The audience gasped, seeing their number 1 Star being defeated by a 10 year old in the 6th grade. Then, Glory stepped on stage. "Take a breather, Mettaton. I've got it." She said, a sarcastic serious expression on her face. The second she took the stage, she smiled. "Okay! Looks like I get my premiere after all!" She absolutely beamed. "I'll make your last few dancing moments... ABSOLUTELY GLORIOUS!" She shouted delightfully. I saw Mettaton glare at Alphys. "You showed her my battle with Frisk, didn't you, darling?" Mettaton said. Alphys nodded, guiltily smiling. 

  A different song started to play. I didn't recognize it, but I thought it was amazing. Glory's hair was all over the place, it was sooo long! I was dancing as much as I could. But, my dance moves failed me. I fell flat on my face. I was expecting her to be like Mettaton, but, she came running over to me. "Oh my gosh! Are you alright?! I'm so, so sorry!!! I screwed up, didn't I?" She was panicking a ton, and so I thought she was going to malfunction, so I gave a thumbs up and said "I'm okayyyyy!" I thought I had a concussion. Alphys ran and looked at me. "I-i've been s-studying human anatomy and other things about the human body, maybe I can take a look!" Alphys said. She turned me over and looked at me. The light was bright in my eyes, which were going every which-way. I blacked out.