seven.

ariana.

ariana bopped her head to the g-eazy that came on her iphone seven. she'd wanted an iphone x for a while, but couldn't quite afford it, with all her other expenses. people were often surprised of how little she made off being a youtuber.
there were so many people that she called her friends, that were really just competition.

"ari!"

ariana pulled out an earbud and turned her head from her laptop. sierra bursted through her bedroom door, phone in her left hand. she seemed excited by the way she smiled.

the blonde leaned against ariana's desk table, pulling her phone up to show ariana something.

"he followed me!" she beamed, tapping on daniel's twitter page. as it popped up, ariana saw the follows you text box beside his name.

"mm... cool." she responded lamely, nodding. she went to turn back to her work before sierra began again.

"cool? it's awesome," sierra's smile turned into a scowl quickly. "what's got you in a mood?"

ariana looked down at the floor. already feeling guilty for giving her best friend the cold shoulder, ariana didn't know exactly what to say.

it wasn't the first time she'd acted that way, either.
what had her being so bitter?

"i don't– i actually don't know."

sierra walked to ariana's bed, taking a seat.
"well, we're figuring it out before i leave for my date with hunter."

"it's zach," ariana blurted.

why would she say that? what could zach have possible done?

they were becoming best friends, and zach was always so kind to her. they sent each other memes constantly, and even face timed twice. they'd never fought; so what could've been wrong?

sierra furrowed her eyebrows as ariana rested her head in her hands, her elbows sitting on her desk. she groaned loudly.

"i swear he flirts with me everyday."

"what the hell is the problem with that?" sierra asked incredulously.

ariana shifted to face her friend, absolutely exhausted of thinking about the adorable brunette. he was so quirky, and funny and hot...

"he has a girlfriend, kay cook."

"oh! she's so pretty," sierra commented without thinking.
"whoops, sorry."

"no, the thing is that you're right," ariana shook her head.
"it's that zach is such a flirt that i'm confused as to what he even wants any–"

her phone began ringing, the song trust fund baby filling the room.

"speak of the devil."