twenty four.

ariana.

the sun was shining brightly in ariana's eyes. funnily enough, when the sun was out it was only colder outside. she and the other girls wore fashionable coats. ariana's was white and puffy, she used it multiple times; especially for ski trips.

there were small snow piles adorning every street. ariana loved the snow, even though she hated the cold. that was why she went skiing and skating so often; not to mention photoshoots were fun.

vlog camera in hand, ariana spoke excitedly to the camera: "we're heading to a pop up concert in my hometown. i'm super hyped because this rarely happens in oregon."

she was smiling to the camera as tate and christina popped up on either side of her, pulling faces.

"i'm with christina and tate, as you can see. gabbie, kay and sierra are ahead of us," ariana looked up form the view finder and to the girls ahead of her. "slow down!" she called.

"hurry up!" sierra countered.

"i'll talk to you guys again at the street concert." ariana said, turning the camera down and running ahead to her friends. tate and christina followed behind.

✵ ✵ ✵

upon arriving ariana had an anxious feeling in her gut. in front of her, past what was probably a thousand limelights cheering if they even saw a shoe that could belong to a member of why don't we. this would be her first time meeting the boys; meeting zach. it reminded her of the first time she was supposed too, when he avoided her the whole time. ariana hoped that this concert would be nothing like christina's party.

already a few fans had found ariana. each seemed to vary in different responses. they asked for pictures and videos, talked to ariana about how she was and asked about zach. ariana wasn't rude and barely answered, but the reminder of the situation pulled at her heart.

there was a part of her that didn't want to see him, though. the part that was still hurt from his actions and worried that he would befriend her only to do everything all over again. if zach asked to be friends, ariana knew her answer already, despite it not being the exact one she would've wanted to give.

sierra stood next to ariana, her excitement translating to ariana's anxiety. the blonde bounced, just waiting to see her recent interest. ariana was excited for sierra and daniel to finally see each other, and she already planned to give them the most spotlight. it was mainly to rid her of the possible attention she'd get with zach.

"you ready? i'm so excited to hear big plans live!" the blonde practically squealed, ariana coughed out a laugh.

"sure," ariana nodded, thought her statement came out more as a question.

sierra stopped her bouncing slowly as she saw the nervous look on ariana's face.
sierra rested a hand on ariana's shoulder and gave a sympathetic look.

"it'll be okay."