thirteen.

ariana.

"ari!"

arms were wrapped around ariana, as she wrapped her own around the female in front of her.

"christina," ariana mustered up as much excitement as she could in that moment. she felt the slightest bit of guilt for leaving sierra behind, but it was too late to fix that.

the girls pulled apart, christina smiling widely and guiding ariana into her large apartment. the walls were a pale white, with shelves and decorations everywhere. succulents, pictures with black frames and ornaments adorned the apartment.

christina led ariana to the den, closing the door behind her and facing ariana. she stopped before taking a seat on a gray sofa against a dark wooden wall.
she squinted, "where's sierra?"

ariana felt heat creep up her neck to her cheeks, mentally face palming. her anger always got to her, and she always took it out on sierra. in the end, her actions often frustrated her too.

the brunette didn't want to discuss it whatsoever, she didn't want to think about sierra even; because it's remind her of zach. it was a vicious cycle.

"it's my fault," she blurted, shaking her head. ariana took a deep breath playing with her hands. she purses her lips, wishing it didn't come to this. "i left her at the hotel."

it took a minute for christina to visibly register her words. the second she, did christina's jaw dropped the slightest.

"that explains why kay mentioned a detour," chris recovered quickly.
"would you like to explain why, before my roommate comes back?"

christina already sat on the sofa, ariana plopped onto a chair a similar grey colour. her elbows soon rested on her thighs, her face in her hands; a much more tense position than christina's. she was sat leaning against the sofa's back, her legs crossed. she looked relaxed.

"it's zach herron!" ariana exclaimed, christina eyes widening at the volume. "he flirts and flirts and never stops! i'm tired of hearing about him, talking to him, all of it.

"he's breaking me..."
ariana rubbed her face with her hands, refusing to cry. she repeated to herself: angry, not sad.

"what's that got to do with sierra?" christina pressed, refusing to give her sympathy until the entire story was told.

"she kept asking me what was wrong," ariana lifted her head, showing her red face. "i couldn't take it anymore."

"that's not a good—"

"i know. it's not a good reason. i'll have to apologize to her."

christina nodded.
"as for zachary dean, yes he is a huge flirt. i thought that'd stop after he got a girlfriend, though..."

"chris, he made us a ship name."

"oh, god, ari," christina couldn't help but laugh. "i'll talk to him."

"chris, no—"

"you two," a girl, brunette like the two sitting down, opened the door.
her name was paige secosky. petite and cute, paige seemed more posh and fancy than many others. in the end, though, only some knew that she just a normal party girl.

"let's get this party started!"