VI

Blaine walked back in his dorm, freezing when he opened the door.

"Kurt?" He asked, suppressed excitement and uncertainty in his voice.

He turned around, and sure enough, it was Kurt. "Hi, Blaine."

Blaine couldn't contain his excitement. He ran across the room, hugging him.

Kurt tensed up, and Blaine moved to pull away.

"No," Kurt mumbled, wrapping his arms around him. The sensation was so foreign to him, but it was so nice.

Blaine chuckled slightly, moving back to hugging him.

"What is this?" Kurt asked softly.

"A hug?" Blaine's answer came out as a question.

Kurt laughed. "That's such a weird word."

Blaine pulled away, looking at him. Kurt immediately missed the warmth. "Haven't you ever been hugged before?"

"I don't know. I don't remember it if I have been." Kurt shrugged, as if it wasn't a big deal.

Blaine was absolutely spellbound. "Really? How is that possible?"

"So people do it often?" Kurt asked curiously.

"It's probably more common than a handshake."

Kurt looked shocked. "That's crazy. And they all just know what it is? It's not weird for anyone?"

"You're the only person I know who doesn't know what a hug is," Blaine confirmed.

"Wow," Kurt mouthed. It was such a strange concept to him.

Blaine laughed softly, pulling Kurt into another hug. He couldn't stand the idea of him not being hugged.

He was also worried. Usually people's parents hugged them. It made him even more concerned about Kurt.