X

As the week progressed, Kurt could have sworn that his English teacher hated him. He always singled him out, and continued to call him 'Clumsy.'

When Friday's classes were over, Kurt was not excited to head back. He knew he'd have a bad email. His English teacher wasn't the only one who didn't like him; they all seemed to take one look at him and make a decision about his personality.

He walked back to James's and Angela's house, cleaning up.

James got home soon, not looking particularly happy. He scowled when he saw Kurt. "Ugh, you're back."

"Did you hear anything from my teachers?" Kurt asked nervously.

"Nothing bad. Unfortunately for you, I'm not having a good day."

He took the broom that Kurt had been cleaning with and smacked him in the ribs with the handle. Kurt fell backwards with the force, coughing.

James laughed, kicking him. His boots were still on; and they were steel-toed.

Kurt gasped for breath as the wind was knocked out of him, but James didn't notice. He nailed him in the shoulder repeatedly, as well as his back.

Kurt squeezed his eyes shut and waited for him to stop. Eventually James had gotten his anger out and tossed the broom beside him. "Good enough. Put that away and you can go."

Kurt nodded, hurrying to do so.